Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
13 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby bluefairy79 » 14 Aug 2013, 16:17

so I think i Found Cataldo Sciscioli Birth in 1822 index is #242 their is 2 pages Can i Get some help with the translation please can't make out the writing very well http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby erudita74 » 14 Aug 2013, 17:04

bluefairy79 wrote:so I think i Found Cataldo Sciscioli Birth in 1822 index is #242 their is 2 pages Can i Get some help with the translation please can't make out the writing very well http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0



Oddly enough there are two copies of the record and the second pages are different. I am including a translation of the second page of the second copy, as it has marriage info on it which is excluded on the first copy.

Dated May 8, 1822 at 9 P.M.
Appearing was Nunzio Sciscioli, age 40, a daylaborer living on Strada Mongelli. He reported that his legitimate wife, Grazia Schittuloo, gave birth to their son on the 7th, and was being given the name Cataldo. Witnesses (appearing on page 2 of the second copy) were Domenico Tarantino, age 30, a day laborer living on Strada Benedetto and Antonio Zitoli, age 40, living on the same street.

The baptism took place in the parish of Santa Maria Maggiore on the 9th.

Marriage info for Cataldo Sciscioli, son of deceased Nunzio-May 2, 1870 #96? in Corato to Maria (Greca??? or Greta???) Balducci, daughter of Savino.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby bluefairy79 » 14 Aug 2013, 17:50

wow i didn't even notice that it had 2 births.. I don't think this is the right person he was married to Maria San Domenico his father was Nunzio Sciscioli but not sure of moms name either..so upset that i didn't write my info down and tree maker lost it now i have to start this line again.
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby erudita74 » 14 Aug 2013, 18:23

bluefairy79 wrote:wow i didn't even notice that it had 2 births.. I don't think this is the right person he was married to Maria San Domenico his father was Nunzio Sciscioli but not sure of moms name either..so upset that i didn't write my info down and tree maker lost it now i have to start this line again.


It seems that the second page of the first birth record #242 is a duplicate of the second page which goes with birth record #241. Nunzio Sciscioli was the first witness listed on that record (#241). The second copy of #242 has the correct witnesses for the birth of Cataldo. Is is possible that Cataldo had more than one wife?

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby bluefairy79 » 14 Aug 2013, 18:31

Not sure but i think it can be since maria San domenico died bef 1877 I lost all my info for this line tree maker went nuts thank god i didn't lose much but now i have to start over this can be a possible brother but not sure http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby bluefairy79 » 14 Aug 2013, 18:57

erudita74 wrote:
bluefairy79 wrote:so I think i Found Cataldo Sciscioli Birth in 1822 index is #242 their is 2 pages Can i Get some help with the translation please can't make out the writing very well http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0



Oddly enough there are two copies of the record and the second pages are different. I am including a translation of the second page of the second copy, as it has marriage info on it which is excluded on the first copy.

Dated May 8, 1822 at 9 P.M.
Appearing was Nunzio Sciscioli, age 40, a daylaborer living on Strada Mongelli. He reported that his legitimate wife, Grazia Schittuloo, gave birth to their son on the 7th, and was being given the name Cataldo. Witnesses (appearing on page 2 of the second copy) were Domenico Tarantino, age 30, a day laborer living on Strada Benedetto and Antonio Zitoli, age 40, living on the same street.

The baptism took place in the parish of Santa Maria Maggiore on the 9th.

Marriage info for Cataldo Sciscioli, son of deceased Nunzio-May 2, 1870 #96? in Corato to Maria (Greca??? or Greta???) Balducci, daughter of Savino.

Erudita

I looked up this record and found it here not sure what it says exactly Index #95
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

This is Cataldo son's marriage Pubb maybe this can help us http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby erudita74 » 15 Aug 2013, 16:54

Marriage record #95 for Cataldo Sciscioli and Maria Grecca Balducci.
Dated May 2, 1870 at 10 A.M. in Corato.
Cataldo Sciscioli, the groom, was age 47, a daylaborer. There is a correction in the record from him being single to him being a widower of Maria Sannicando. He was born in Corato on May 7, 1822 and was the son of deceased Nunzio Sciscioii and dec. Grazia Schittulli. The bride, Maria Grecca Balducci, was the daughter of dec Savino and Antonia Sgarra. She was 22 and had never before been married. She was born in Corato on Oct 19, 1847.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby bluefairy79 » 15 Aug 2013, 17:56

Thank you so Much Erudita notes are updated and backed up now thank you so much everyone
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby erudita74 » 15 Aug 2013, 18:04

I just lost the translation of Vincenzo's publication when you posted a reply as I tried to edit my former post to include it, so I am trying again.

Record #26 dated Jan 21, 1877 at 9:15 a.m.

Prospective groom: Vincenzo Sciscioli, single, age 19, son of Cataldo S., age 53, and deceased Maria Sandomenico (notice the discrepancy between Maria's surname here and in Cataldo's marriage to Maria Grecca Balducci).
Propsective bride: Angela Tarantini, single, age 16, daughter of Luigi T., age 50, and Mariantonia Marcone

In the margin to the right-1st marriage pub on Sunday the 21st; affixed to the door of the town hall for a week and then replaced on Sunday the 28th by the 2nd marriage publ, which then remained posted there for 3 days. Anytime after this time period was up, the couple could actually marry, assuming there was no opposition to their marriage.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby bluefairy79 » 15 Aug 2013, 18:15

Yes I see that her name was different in most of the records i found see in the Allegati that her death was included so that helped me there but i do have a date for her birth but not sure where i got it from as i guess the date would be birth about 1824 to 1826 but on my notes i have the date may 7 1826 but not sure where i got that from ??
Register of Marriage No. 95 (number matches the promise to marry) - Allegati - for Cataldo Sciscioli and Maria Greca Barducci

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :582008929 (image 97 thru 101)
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby bluefairy79 » 15 Aug 2013, 18:30

Also found poss child Carlo Sciscioli birth 1880 #1023
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 5.jpg.html
Can i get some help with this
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby erudita74 » 15 Aug 2013, 20:40

bluefairy79 wrote:Also found poss child Carlo Sciscioli birth 1880 #1023
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 5.jpg.html
Can i get some help with this


I don't think this is yours-

dated Sept 2, 1880
Appearing was Nunzio Sciscioli, son of deceased Vito, age 28. Infant born to his wife Maria Luigia Mazzone, daughter of Carlo, on Aug 28th and given the name Carlo.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help on Translating Sciscioli Birth

Postby bluefairy79 » 15 Aug 2013, 20:43

Thanks Erudita your right doesn't belong... :)
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33


13 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests

 
Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.