I can't understand this handwriting... help please? Thank yo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

I can't understand this handwriting... help please? Thank yo

Postby dominique426 » 16 Aug 2013, 00:03

http://postimg.org/image/tugv39xhn/

My grandmother is line #128.

I can see and understand my grandmother's name (Maria Domenica Bloise), the date of the Baptism (Jan 29th 1911). I also know it says ANTONIO BLOISE as her father. I can understand that is says MARIA ______ and GUISEPPINA MIRANDA as the mother however I can't understand what the name next to Maria says. I also am curious as to why she would use two surnames if anyone knows?

I also am wondering if anyone can understand what the last name next to her godparents says.

Thank you. :)
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I can't understand this handwriting... help please? Than

Postby Biff83 » 16 Aug 2013, 00:22

Giuseppina Miranda was added later by another person. Note the different ink density and the handwriting differences particularly the "M" in Miranda and the "M" in Maria. Still trying to decipher Maria's surname.

Biff
"There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children - one is roots, and the other, wings." -- Hodding S. Carter

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: I can't understand this handwriting... help please? Than

Postby dominique426 » 16 Aug 2013, 00:30

Biff83 wrote:Giuseppina Miranda was added later by another person. Note the different ink density and the handwriting differences particularly the "M" in Miranda and the "M" in Maria. Still trying to decipher Maria's surname.

Biff

I hadn't even thought of that! I just assumed it was a way to show that she had a current married name and that Giuseppina M. was her born maiden name.

I know her marriage certificate said she was married to her husband ANTONIO BROIS as GIUSEPPINA MIRANDA.

I thought the name next to Maria look like BOLPIARBO.
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations