Translation of Marriage Document Needed

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation of Marriage Document Needed

Postby scraig32 » 26 Aug 2013, 05:25

Could anyone help with translation of this marriage document? The one on the right, #12. Thank you so much!

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1892004068
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translation of Marriage Document Needed

Postby erudita74 » 27 Aug 2013, 01:00

scraig32 wrote:Could anyone help with translation of this marriage document? The one on the right, #12. Thank you so much!

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1892004068

Record #12 dated Sept 28, 1883 at 9:15 a.m in the town hall of Carlantino

The groom, Francesco Sarnese, was age 24, a peasant/farmer born and resident in Riccia. He was the son of deceased Michele Sarnese, a resident there when he was alive, and of Maria Sassani, a resident in Sarnese.

The bride, Antonietta Pace, was age 30, a peasant/farmer, daughter of Michelangelo Pace and deceased Rachelina Pinto, who was a resident of Carlantino when she was alive.

Witnesses were Francesco Pisani, the son of deceased Paolo, age 59, a property owner, and Antoinio Ferra, age 48, same occupation.

Documents presented included the certificate of publications (the first dated Sept 2nd, and the second dated Sept 9th, both Sundays.

Also presented was a certificate from the mayor of Riccia attesting to the result of required military service-proving that Francesco Sarnese had been assigned to the 3rd category, as he was the first born of a widowed mother.

The witnesses and town official signed the marriage act below. The others were illiterate and did not know how to sign.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translation of Marriage Document Needed

Postby scraig32 » 27 Aug 2013, 05:56

Thank you so much for taking the time to translate this document for me. I really appreciate it. I am so happy to finally know the names of my ancestors. I couldn't make them out on the document. One dumb question - is Michele Arcangelo the same as Michelangelo?
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations