*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Cipriano, Incoronata and Rosa Maria Giuseppa

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Cipriano, Incoronata and Rosa Maria Giuseppa

Postby dmurphy1940 » 30 Aug 2013, 23:58

record-image.jpg
Cipriano
record-image.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 290 times
Could I please have translations for both records for these two Cipriano(s)
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Re: Cipriano, Incoronata and Rosa Maria Giuseppa

Postby erudita74 » 01 Sep 2013, 22:33

Record for Incoronata Cipriano
Dated Sept 23, 1903 in the town hall of Frigento

The town secretary of Frigento received an authentic copy of the birth act of Incoronata Cirpiano from the Office of Civil State of Guardia Lombardi. The record was dated Sept 21, 1903 at 4:45 a.m. in the town hall there. Appearing at the town hall in Guardia Lombardi was Tommaso Cipriano, a 21 year old peasant/farmer living in Frigento. He reported that, on the 17th of the current month, at 4:30 P.M. his wife, Mariantonia Di Matteo, gave birth to a female baby in the house at #126 via Frassino (Guardia Lombardi). It was this infant whom he was presenting to the town official in Guardia Lombardi and to whom was being given the name Incoronata. Witnesses were Angelomaria Caruso, age 42, day laborer, and Giuseppe Compierchio, age 47, property owner. Both were residents in the town of Guardia Lombardi. The informant was illiterate and did not sign the original document.

Upon receipt of the copy which conformed to the original, the town official in Frigento preserved it in the volume of allegati in the registers of his town.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby dmurphy1940 » 01 Sep 2013, 23:42

Thank you, Erudita. Were you able to see Rosa Maria Giuseppa Cipriano also?

Many thanks!
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 02 Sep 2013, 01:28

Dated Nov 24, 1903 in the town hall of Frigento

Appearing was Antonio Cipriano, the son of Carmine, age 27, of Frigento. He presented a copy of an act of birth and reported that it was an exact transcription which should be placed in the register of births of this town. The town official agreed. The record he presented was as follows-

From the church of Our Lady of Lourdes in Waterburgy Ct, U.S.A. It was actually a baptism record which stated that, on Oct 22, 1899, Rosa Maria Giuseppa Cipriano, the daughter of Antonio, of Carmine Cirpiano of the town of Frigento, was baptized in this parish. She had been born in Waterbury Ct on Oct 3, 1899 at 6.am. Her godfather was Signor Giuseppe de Camillis of Nicola. Her godmother was Signora Nunziata d’Imperio, his wife. The record was inserted in the volume of allegati of this register of the town of Frigento.

In the margin it states that, following the marriage today, Dec 3, 1903, record #26, in this civil office (of Frigento), of Giuseppe Cipriano and Incoronata Famiglietti, Rosa Maria Giuseppa Cipriano's birth was legitimized.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby dmurphy1940 » 02 Sep 2013, 14:38

Thanks, Erudita, I guess I do not understand this; was Rosa Maria Giuseppa born in Frigento and baptised in Waterbury, CT? Lots of information here!!
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 02 Sep 2013, 14:39

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thanks, Erudita, I guess I do not understand this; was Rosa Maria Giuseppa born in Frigento and baptised in Waterbury, CT? Lots of information here!!

From my translation above-

She had been born in Waterbury Ct on Oct 3, 1899 at 6.am.

Her father had a copy of her baptism record, which included her birth info in it, and physically handed it to the official in Frigento when he was back there
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby dmurphy1940 » 02 Sep 2013, 14:48

So would you assume that she stayed in Waterbury, CT? Do you think that her father stayed in Frigento when he went back? I'm not asking you to look them up, just wondering what you think............
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 02 Sep 2013, 15:15

dmurphy1940 wrote:So would you assume that she stayed in Waterbury, CT? Do you think that her father stayed in Frigento when he went back? I'm not asking you to look them up, just wondering what you think............

I have to assume that she returned to Frigento with her parents, as she was only 4 years old by the time that her father brought a copy of her birth/baptismal record to the town official in Frigento to place in his registers.

She was born Oct 6, 1899 in Waterbury Ct
She was baptized on Oct 22, 1899 Waterbury Ct
Nov 24, 1903 her father appears at the town hall in Frigento with a copy of her birth/baptismal certificate from the parish in Waterbury, Ct
Dec 3, 1903- her parents have a CIVIL marriage ceremony in Frigento which legitimizes her birth, in the eyes of the civil authorities in Frigento

You would have to search for passenger lists from Italy to determine if either parents, both, or she returned to the U.S.A., after the Dec 3, 1903 marriage in Frigento. As far as I know, there are no state census records for Connecticut the way there are for New York State. NYS had a state census in 1905, 1915, and 1925. If Ct had had a 1905 census, for example, you might have found her living with other relatives, if the parents had left her in the U.S. and not returned to the U.S. by the time of that census. Since this is not the case, then I think your only options are searching passenger lists for return trips of this family to the U.S.A., or searching further in the Frigento records for evidence of them staying there.
Erudita

They came back to the U.S. Here is passenger list info for Incoronata and children in 1907. Antonio was already in Waterbury Ct

First Name: Lucoronata
Last Name: Famiglietti
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Frigento
Date of Arrival: May 22, 1907
Age at Arrival: 31 Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Luisiana
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0014
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby dmurphy1940 » 02 Sep 2013, 15:47

You are a wealth of information, Erudita, and to say the least, I appreciate it all! How long have you been doing your research? I am a babe in the woods! Learning little by little.

Are you in Italy?
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 02 Sep 2013, 17:29

dmurphy1940 wrote:You are a wealth of information, Erudita, and to say the least, I appreciate it all! How long have you been doing your research? I am a babe in the woods! Learning little by little.

Are you in Italy?

Italian research since March 1997. No, I am in the U.S. and not in Italy.
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby dmurphy1940 » 02 Sep 2013, 19:27

Well versed may I add.
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

11 posts • Page 1 of 1