Translation Please Death Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oemorg
Rookie
Rookie

Translation Please Death Record

Post by oemorg »

Please translate this death record.

Thanks very much,
Greg
Attachments
Rosaria Raimondo Death Record
Rosaria Raimondo Death Record
9670giuseppetrotta&vittoriacandrevaproc1813pg04.jpg (785.27 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translation Please Death Record

Post by erudita74 »

oemorg wrote:Please translate this death record.

Thanks very much,
Greg
This death record is dated Nov 1, 1794 and is from the parish of S. Giacomo Maggiore Apostolo, Diocese of Cosenza, town of Fuscaldo. Rosaria Raimondo (surname is spelled as Ramundo in this record) was the wife of Antonio Trotta. She died at about age 30 and was buried in this parish church. This record is not the original but rather an extract which was prepared on July 30, 1813.
Erudita
oemorg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by oemorg »

Erudita,

Thanks much for the translation. Would you know if it is more common that church death records include the parents' names or not include them? So far I have noticed they usually only include the spouse.

Greg
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

oemorg wrote:Erudita,

Thanks much for the translation. Would you know if it is more common that church death records include the parents' names or not include them? So far I have noticed they usually only include the spouse.

Greg
Greg
It really depended on the priest who wrote the record. I have some very early church death records from the 1500s, and they only have the deceased's name in them-no parents or spouses. So basically they are useless, as you can't even be sure it is your ancestor. I have even seen baptism records with only the father's first name and the mother's name not given. Some priests wrote more details than others. Can't even say it was because of the year of the record. Some earlier records are more detailed than some more recent ones.
Erudita
oemorg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by oemorg »

Erudita,

Thanks again for the info. I am learning a lot from you.

Greg
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

oemorg wrote:Erudita,

Thanks again for the info. I am learning a lot from you.

Greg

Happy to hear that, Greg. You're very welcome.
Erudita