Incognito Rosario Marriage Document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Incognito Rosario Marriage Document

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 09 Sep 2013, 23:16

Hi Everyone! I found the marriage record of my great-grandparents, Rosario Incognito and Carmela Cappadona. I have translated that the marriage took place of Sept. 2, 1886 in Patti, Sicily.
Groom: Age 30, Born in Gioiosa Marea
Bride: Age 18, Born in Librizzi

My question is the part that lists the brides parents, Carmelo and Venera Matafu. I cannot find their death records anywhere. I've looked in Patti, Montagnareale, Librizzi. I noticed that on this document, after Venera Matafu, it has "residente in ________? I cannot understand the handwriting. Maybe whatever town that is listed there is where I need to look for their death record. I think it might say "Messina", but I am not sure and I thought Messina is a part of a district and not a town or commune. Can anyone translate that part of the document for me. Thank you so much. Here is the link:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n828049501

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Incognito Rosario Marriage Document

Postby Tessa78 » 10 Sep 2013, 02:56

After Vennera Matafu... I see "vita a messina" - lived in Messina :-)
Father Carmelo is living, Mother Vennera is deceased.
Maybe you could find the allegati? It should have the mother's death act.

Messina is a city as well as a province.

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”