Translation for birth - Maria Concetta Orlando

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Translation for birth - Maria Concetta Orlando

Postby lilbees » 21 Sep 2013, 16:12

I am having a devil of a time reading the scratchy writing. Can someone translate this for me and any pertinent information included.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1240389581

Thank you,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translation for birth - Maria Concetta Orlando

Postby erudita74 » 21 Sep 2013, 22:19

lilbees wrote:I am having a devil of a time reading the scratchy writing. Can someone translate this for me and any pertinent information included.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1240389581

Thank you,
lilbees

Dated Aug 16, 1867 6 P.M.
Appearing was 69 year old midwife Mattia (surname?). She reported that on the 16th, at 11 a.m. (?) a female infant was born to Anna Stanza, age 28, a peasant/farmer in Lercara, and her husband, Rosario Orlando, age 32, a member of the middle class. The infant was born in the house of the spouses and given the name Maria Concetta.

Erudita

lilbees
Master
Master

Postby lilbees » 22 Sep 2013, 00:29

Thank you Erudita for your help. You certainly can read much of what I cannot. The day has been long reading these records.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 22 Sep 2013, 17:07

lilbees wrote:Thank you Erudita for your help. You certainly can read much of what I cannot. The day has been long reading these records.

lilbees

The handwriting in this record is a bit of a challenge! You're very welcome.
Erudita

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”