Latin Translation Please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oemorg
Rookie
Rookie

Latin Translation Please

Postby oemorg » 21 Nov 2013, 20:38

Please translate this processetti page which I think is a copy of Felicia Raimondi's birth record. Is her birthday 10 Nov 1805? Her parents are Giuseppe & Maria Di Santo. Is her grandfather Antonio?
Thanks,
Greg
Attachments
7168vinpatitucci&felraimondiproc1831pg5a.jpg
7168vinpatitucci&felraimondiproc1831pg5a.jpg (484.51 KiB) Viewed 268 times

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Latin Translation Please

Postby erudita74 » 22 Nov 2013, 12:21

oemorg wrote:Please translate this processetti page which I think is a copy of Felicia Raimondi's birth record. Is her birthday 10 Nov 1805? Her parents are Giuseppe & Maria Di Santo. Is her grandfather Antonio?
Thanks,
Greg

The day I see on this record, Greg, is sexto, the 6th. Also the name on the record is Felix, so this would be a record for a male and not a female. Another thing is that the mother's surname is written as di Sanzo and not di Santo. It is clearly the letter z in the surname in the record. I can't read what appears before the name Antonio. It doesn't look like the abbreviation for the word "deceased," so possibly Antonio was the name of the father's father (the grandfather), but I can't say for sure without being able to decipher that abbreviation.
Erudita

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 22 Nov 2013, 13:19

I'd say this can be a record for a female. "Felix", as an adjective, can be masculine or feminine, and the word just after seems to me to be "nata" (rather than "natus"). I can't read, after mother's surname, if the word is "baptizatus" or "baptizata".
As to GF's name, I could not understand if you have more doubts out the abbreviation before Antonio; however, I read "ex...Josepho Raimundo q.m Antonii" (with the "m" on top right of "q"), that is "(daughter/son) of Giuseppe Raimondo, son of the deceased Antonio".
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

oemorg
Rookie
Rookie

Postby oemorg » 22 Nov 2013, 14:35

Erudita & Pippo,
Thanks very much for the translations. It makes sense that Felix is Felicia only because her birth record was the only document not accounted for in the processetti. Also, I rechecked the processetti and think I found Antonio Raimondi's death record.
Greg

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”