1815 Riveli de benie anime

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

1815 Riveli de benie anime

Postby VaDeb » 18 Apr 2005, 16:48

Hi,

I have reviewing microfilm for Villalba, Caltanissetta, Sicily. The film is titled "1815 Riveli de benie anime". The film begins with a page that is similar to a US cenus 1840 and earlier. The page I am inserting follows. I have attempted to translate and have made notes in red. On this page Leonardo Di Vita is the ancestor I am interested in. I would like to know what information this record contain.

Thanks in advance
Debbie

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: 1815 Riveli de benie anime

Postby suanj » 18 Apr 2005, 16:58

Hi Vadeb: insert please the Url, why is hard to traslate so..
suanj
*(sure salma is no body but land measure; and Colle are Con+ le=Colle =with the and no hill are equal word but other meaning)
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby mfjp » 19 Apr 2005, 02:44

Saluti Suanj, speri che questo aiuti, mfjp

Here is a link

http://img98.echo.cx/img98/6922/riveli0nt.jpg
mfjp
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 19 Apr 2005, 15:13

mfjp wrote:Saluti Suanj, speri che questo aiuti, mfjp

Here is a link

http://img98.echo.cx/img98/6922/riveli0nt.jpg

I read:
Proprietà le..soprascritte terre (?) del seguente sito, quantità e condizione nel territorio di Villalba nelle contrade nominate del Vovittello(?), e Santa Nicola.
Estensione totale della legale misura salma una, bisaccia una, tumuli tre e mondello uno.
Confini colle terre cioè quelle del Vovittello di Leonardo de Vita e Paolo Margala(?) quelle di San Nicola di Cosmo Tuccelino ed Antonio di Vechi(Vecchi).
Classificazione:
appartengono tutte alla seconda classe delle terre frumentarie.
Oggi in Villalba 28 Giugno 1825
Rivelo di .... Giumento di(? per) esso di non sapere scrivere
... Officiale
-------------------------------------------------
Property the lands write abowe of following site, amount and condition in the territory of Villalba in the lands named of Vovittello, and Saint Nicholas. Extension total of legal measure salma* one, bisaccia* one, tumuli* three and mondello* one. The borders are with the lands of Vovittello of Leonardo de Vita and Paul Margala() with those of Saint Nicholas di Cosmo Tuccelino and Antonio di Vechi(Vecchi).
Classification:
all belong to the second class of corn lands.
Today in Villalba 28 June 1825
Denunciation* of .... Giumento of( for) not able to write
...(surname ) Official

The salma, bisaccia, tumulo and mondello was ancient land's measuures
*The RIVELO mean and was denunciation/ information and similar etc.. on persons and properties...
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby VaDeb » 19 Apr 2005, 21:47

Maria, Thank you for posting the image as a link for Suanj. I was waiting for my son to tell me how to accomplish this.

Suanj, Thank you again for the translation. The knowledge you bring of history and the language is wonderful. I now know the men listed on this page lived in the same place, but this document does not provide any evidence that they were related.

I know from vital records that Leonardo Di Vita was born in Resuttano about 1781. Now I know he was in Villalba by 1815.

Many thanks again for your help.
Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 19 Apr 2005, 21:56

VaDeb wrote:Maria, Thank you for posting the image as a link for Suanj. I was waiting for my son to tell me how to accomplish this.

Suanj, Thank you again for the translation. The knowledge you bring of history and the language is wonderful. I now know the men listed on this page lived in the same place, but this document does not provide any evidence that they were related.

I know from vital records that Leonardo Di Vita was born in Resuttano about 1781. Now I know he was in Villalba by 1815.

Many thanks again for your help.
Debbie

No, no was related, why, otherwise was some word for to understand ... about some relationship... best regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby VaDeb » 19 Apr 2005, 22:33

Dear Suanj,
Thank you for the clarification. I misunderstood.

Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby JamesBianco » 20 Apr 2005, 00:44

edit
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations