Translation help for Marriage Record - Antista Pietro

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Translation help for Marriage Record - Antista Pietro

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 21 Dec 2013, 01:30

Hi People:

I am back - and hoping all is well with everyone! I am now looking into the records Geraci Siculo for more records of my husbands family. I did come across a marriage record for a Pietro Antista to Anna Rosa Antista. I have translated the following so far:
Pietro Antista - Age 27 - Pastore, son of the late Antonio and Anna Valenza (?) - there is something about San Biaggio - is that a city that someone was born in?

Anna Rosa Antista - Age 33? - Daughter of the late Giuseppe and Anna Valenza - could this be correct that both mothers are Anna Valenza?

Date of marriage: Sept 3, 1871

Please correct any errors and add if I left anything out that is important. I do have a Giuseppe Antista (1803-1864) and Anna Valenza (1803-1890) on my Antista/Guido Family Tree who were my husbands G G grandparents.

I thank you in advance for your help and assistance. Have a great day and a wonderful holiday season.

Sue Antista
Italianbella!
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Translation help for Marriage Record - Antista Pietro

Postby liviomoreno » 21 Dec 2013, 07:48

:roll: Sue, we cannot verify your translation if there is no image...

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 21 Dec 2013, 14:49

Oh, I forgot to paste the link, so sorry. Here it is:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :514493329
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 21 Dec 2013, 16:16

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Pietro Antista - Age 27 - Pastore, son of the late Antonio and Anna Valenza - there is something about San Biaggio - San Biaggio is a district (quartiere) of Geraci Siculo
Anna Rosa Antista - Age 33? yes - Daughter of the late Giuseppe and Anna Valenza - born in the Sant'Antonio district could this be correct that both mothers are Anna Valenza [color=#FF0000](that's just a coincidence

Date of marriage: Sept 3, 1871

If you go though the Allegati(vari) 1871-1878 you should be able to find their birth certificates...

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 21 Dec 2013, 21:58

Thank you very much for your time.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”