Marriage Certificate Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
linnea1985

Marriage Certificate Translation

Postby linnea1985 » 17 Jan 2014, 03:50

Please help me translate this marriage certificate for my great-great grandparents Ugo Tiburzi and Marianna Ughi, #19. Thank you so much for all your help.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1843793860

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Certificate Translation

Postby adelfio » 17 Jan 2014, 15:19

INDEX#19
1871 Mar 23rd marriage of Ugo Tiburzi age 23 born and resides in the parish of San Pietro Apostolo son of deceased Vincenzo Tiburzi and Marianna Cavaliere married Marianna Ughi age 28 born and resides in Serra Sant'Abbondio daughter of Vitale Ughi and Fiore Cerquettini

MArty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Certificate Translation

Postby erudita74 » 17 Jan 2014, 16:23

adelfio wrote:INDEX#19
1871 Mar 23rd marriage of Ugo Tiburzi age 23 born and resides in the parish of San Pietro Apostolo son of deceased Vincenzo Tiburzi and Marianna Cavaliere married Marianna Ughi age 28 born and resides in Serra Sant'Abbondio daughter of Vitale Ughi and Fiore Cerquettini

MArty

In addition to the information provided to you by Marty, the couple's dates of birth are embedded in the record on the second page, as extracts of these records were presented for the marriage

He was born on May 31, 1847 and she was born on Aug 23, 1842.

Also presented was the certificate of his free state to marry, and his mother appeared to give her consent to his marriage. Even though the groom's father was deceased at the time of the marriage, info concerning his death is not in the record, as far as I can tell. Also there were marriage publications which resulted in there being no impediments to the marriage.
Erudita

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”