De Gennaro/De Palma Marriage 1863

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
User avatar
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite
Posts: 382
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ

De Gennaro/De Palma Marriage 1863

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 24 Jan 2014, 22:41

Hi Everyone:

I found a marriage record for two people on my family tree. I was able to translate the marriage was August 16, 1863 of Sebastiano De Gennaro (Age 27) and Filomena De Palma (Age 20). Groom was son of the late Domenico and late Guilia Gadaleta. However, I am having a problem translating the names of the brides parents.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

If anyone can help, I would be grateful. Thank you so much.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 4843
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: De Gennaro/De Palma Marriage 1863

Postby erudita74 » 24 Jan 2014, 23:00

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Hi Everyone:

I found a marriage record for two people on my family tree. I was able to translate the marriage was August 16, 1863 of Sebastiano De Gennaro (Age 27) and Filomena De Palma (Age 20). Groom was son of the late Domenico and late Guilia Gadaleta. However, I am having a problem translating the names of the brides parents.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

If anyone can help, I would be grateful. Thank you so much.



I'm reading Giannuario de Palma (I think the first name is often spelled with one n and not two) and Marta Messina

Erudita

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5421
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: De Gennaro/De Palma Marriage 1863

Postby liviomoreno » 25 Jan 2014, 07:29

I read Giammaria de Palma and Marta Messina

It is Giulia Gadaleda not Guilia Gadaleta

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 4843
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: De Gennaro/De Palma Marriage 1863

Postby erudita74 » 25 Jan 2014, 15:22

liviomoreno wrote:I read Giammaria de Palma and Marta Messina

It is Giulia Gadaleda not Guilia Gadaleta



Livio
I thought that the first name Giammaria in Italian was spelled Gianmaria, and not with two m's as you have spelled it, which is why I didn't consider it.
Erudita

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5421
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: De Gennaro/De Palma Marriage 1863

Postby liviomoreno » 25 Jan 2014, 16:40

Erudita, both spelling are valid.

User avatar
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite
Posts: 382
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 23:58
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ

Re: De Gennaro/De Palma Marriage 1863

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 25 Jan 2014, 21:13

Thank you so much.

I found the birth record of Giulia de Palma. It looks like her father's name is broken down into two words. Can you read the name of her father's father? Also does it give any more information on her mother?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5421
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: De Gennaro/De Palma Marriage 1863

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Jan 2014, 07:50

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Thank you so much.

I found the birth record of Giulia de Palma. It looks like her father's name is broken down into two words. Can you read the name of her father's father? Also does it give any more information on her mother?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0


You obviously meant Filomena de Palma.
She was born and baptized on 1843, Aug 22.
Father: Giovan Maria (son of ?????), 45yo peasant/farmer
Mother: Marta Messina (daughter of deceased Giovan Angelo), aged 41, legitimate wife

Giovan Maria and Giammaria are variations of the same name (as you may also see in the next page where the signature is Giammaria). Other variations are Gian Maria, Giovanni Maria, etc.


Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests