Help deciphering date on birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Help deciphering date on birth record

Postby jkingb » 25 Jan 2014, 18:43

I am having trouble reading the date on the attached birth record.

January ? 1873.

Can somebody help with the date -twenty-something? Thanks!
Attachments
bdate.jpg

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Help deciphering date on birth record

Postby erudita74 » 25 Jan 2014, 19:03

jkingb wrote:I am having trouble reading the date on the attached birth record.

January ? 1873.

Can somebody help with the date -twenty-something? Thanks!

I believe it's Jan 22nd. The date at the top of the record though may not be the actual date of birth, so it would have been good if you had attached the entire page rather than just a section of it.

Erudita

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jkingb » 25 Jan 2014, 19:36

Sure! The actual birth info is on another page, and I attached that (the second half of the record is in the upper left-hand corner of the attached image). Could it be January 20?

I am also curious about the portion after the wife's name- Maddalena Formica - it says daughter of deceased Antonio, but I can't make out the rest - something about the address/or her birthplace (or probably it is the birthplace of the child?).. The wife should be from Gassino, but I don't see that specifically in this section.
Attachments
Catterina2 copy.jpg

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 26 Jan 2014, 15:37

jkingb wrote:Sure! The actual birth info is on another page, and I attached that (the second half of the record is in the upper left-hand corner of the attached image). Could it be January 20?

I am also curious about the portion after the wife's name- Maddalena Formica - it says daughter of deceased Antonio, but I can't make out the rest - something about the address/or her birthplace (or probably it is the birthplace of the child?).. The wife should be from Gassino, but I don't see that specifically in this section.

The handwriting in this record is most difficult. The birth took place on the 20th.

I never would have deciphered Maddalena's name, if you hadn't told me. It does say that she was of deceased Antonio.

about where the birth took place-I read nella propria casa (in its own house) and then I can't decipher the next word; then it says "sita in questo capoluogo"-( located in this administrative center), then I see a 41 followed by something I can't decipher followed by the word casale;
next line I see the word numero followed by the word ed and then the next word I can't decipher

Someone else on the forum will have to see if they can decipher for you what I can't. I've enlarged the image, but that hasn't helped.

Erudita

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jkingb » 26 Jan 2014, 18:44

Thank you for your help! I agree the handwriting is difficult. It look me a while just to locate Maddalena's name. The surname (Formica) is also almost impossible to read unless you know what you are looking for.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”