Help reading name?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 139
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 19:31

Help reading name?

Postby jkingb » 10 Feb 2014, 22:41

Can anybody let me know what the given name on this birth record is? I need the first name only -on the right hand side next to "Dassetto" Thank you!
Attachments
nrtr copy.jpg

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help reading name?

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 10 Feb 2014, 23:16

Are you able to post the link to the record, if not, an image of the full record.

Angela

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 11580
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Help reading name?

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Feb 2014, 00:59

Policarpo :-)

A male given name...

T.

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 139
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 19:31

Re: Help reading name?

Postby jkingb » 11 Feb 2014, 01:07

Thank you! I was just about to post a second image with the name (equally illegible) within the actual record - 2 images b/c this comes from a microfilm scan of a 2-sided record... Thank you both for you help.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help reading name?

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 11 Feb 2014, 01:35

jkingb wrote:Thank you! I was just about to post a second image with the name (equally illegible) within the actual record - 2 images b/c this comes from a microfilm scan of a 2-sided record... Thank you both for you help.


You are welcome jkingb.

Tessa: You are amazing! I got the "Poli" and the "po" but debated whether the "po" might be "so"?

Angela

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 11580
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Help reading name?

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Feb 2014, 02:08

AngelaGrace56 wrote:
jkingb wrote:Thank you! I was just about to post a second image with the name (equally illegible) within the actual record - 2 images b/c this comes from a microfilm scan of a 2-sided record... Thank you both for you help.


You are welcome jkingb.

Tessa: You are amazing! I got the "Poli" and the "po" but debated whether the "po" might be "so"?

Angela


Grazie, Angela :-D
Sometimes it just "jumps" at us!

T.

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 139
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 19:31

Re: Help reading name?

Postby jkingb » 11 Feb 2014, 03:00

Same here - I was reading Pelicasso or Policasso, neither of which is a given name.. Couldn't figure this one out. Thanks again, Tessa.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help reading name?

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 11 Feb 2014, 06:37

jkingb wrote:Same here - I was reading Pelicasso or Policasso, neither of which is a given name.. Couldn't figure this one out. Thanks again, Tessa.


Initially I had also jotted down Policasso but couldn't see it anywhere as a name so discarded it especially as the ending looked closer to a po than an so. I did however find the name (spelt) Policaso but as a surname. We were sort of ....... close ....... weren't we 8)

Angela

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 11580
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Help reading name?

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Feb 2014, 15:41

AngelaGrace56 wrote:
jkingb wrote:Same here - I was reading Pelicasso or Policasso, neither of which is a given name.. Couldn't figure this one out. Thanks again, Tessa.


Initially I had also jotted down Policasso but couldn't see it anywhere as a name so discarded it especially as the ending looked closer to a po than an so. I did however find the name (spelt) Policaso but as a surname. We were sort of ....... close ....... weren't we 8)

Angela


You certainly were! :lol: :lol:

T.


Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests