translation of birth record from Rapone Italy

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
misschristi16
Elite
Elite

translation of birth record from Rapone Italy

Postby misschristi16 » 11 Feb 2014, 20:12

I am needing help translating a birth record.
I have two more birth records after this one--and a marriage record.

Thank you
Attachments
margpalmbirth26d6c040-2bd2-4db7-bc30-9c068e8fa3ed.jpg

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: translation of birth record from Rapone Italy

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Feb 2014, 23:05

Dated 13 June 1896 in Rapone
Appearing was Maria ???, age 40, a midwife residing in Rapone,
To declare that at 10 AM on the 11th of the current month at Via Santo Pietro #3 to Teresa(?) Pinto, wife of Donato Ciampa, peasant farmer, living with her husband; was born a female child who was presented to the official and given the name MARGHERITA
Witnesses to the record: Donato Lettieri, 46, farmer; Giuseppe Laquinto(?), 39, landowner.
The midwife presented the child in the place of the father (I believe it was because he was ill)

T.

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 12 Feb 2014, 00:59

The midwife's surname was Cristiano. It is clearly written in the handwritten section of the document. The father was away from the town and didn't make the declaration about the birth, but the part of the record before that which reads "in luogo della medesima che e` inferma" (in place of the same one who is ill) is feminine and not masculine and does not refer to the infant's father.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1148555650

Erudita

I've copied and pasted the url from the familysearch website to make the record easier to read.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 12 Feb 2014, 02:35

erudita74 wrote:The midwife's surname was Cristiano. It is clearly written in the handwritten section of the document. The father was away from the town and didn't make the declaration about the birth, but the part of the record before that which reads "in luogo della medesima che e` inferma" (in place of the same one who is ill) is feminine and not masculine and does not refer to the infant's father.

Erudita

I've copied and pasted the url from the familysearch website to make the record easier to read.

Thanks for posting the link to make it easier to read, Erudita.

I can see now that she made the presentation in place of the "puerpera" (the one who just gave birth) - so it is the mother who is ill.

I also see that the second witness's surname is Iaquinto.

T.

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 12 Feb 2014, 02:54

Tessa78 wrote:
erudita74 wrote:The midwife's surname was Cristiano. It is clearly written in the handwritten section of the document. The father was away from the town and didn't make the declaration about the birth, but the part of the record before that which reads "in luogo della medesima che e` inferma" (in place of the same one who is ill) is feminine and not masculine and does not refer to the infant's father.

Erudita

Thanks for posting the link to make it easier to read, Erudita.

I can see now that she made the presentation in place of the "puerpera" (the one who just gave birth) - so it is the mother who is ill.

I also see that the second witness's surname is Iaquinto.

T.

Glad to help, T.

BTW, we should emphasize that anyone posting a document for translation which originated on the familysearch website should simply copy and paste the url into their post here on the forum.

Erudita

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 12 Feb 2014, 08:21

The midwife made the declaration in place of Teresa Pinto who was ill and in place of Donato Ciampa who was out of town.
"in luogo della medesima che è inferma, e del padre che è fuori comune"

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”