D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby dmurphy1940 » 17 Feb 2014, 00:27

Numero 102 for a translation please.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1391298392
Grazie,

Dolores

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5421
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby liviomoreno » 17 Feb 2014, 07:19

Rocco D'Avino born 1889, August 9 address: Contrada Consiglio 9
son of Baldassarre 42yo, farmer and Giacomina Capobianco

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 17 Feb 2014, 08:25

liviomoreno wrote:Rocco D'Avino born 1889, August 9 address: Contrada Consiglio 9
son of Baldassarre 42yo, farmer and Giacomina Capobianco


Maybe I'm looking at the wrong record but to me it looks like “Contrada Cortiglio Numero Uno (No 1)

Angela

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5421
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby liviomoreno » 17 Feb 2014, 08:34

AngelaGrace56 wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:Rocco D'Avino born 1889, August 9 address: Contrada Consiglio 9
son of Baldassarre 42yo, farmer and Giacomina Capobianco


Maybe I'm looking at the wrong record but to me it looks like “Contrada Cortiglio Numero Uno (No 1)

Angela


Thanks for catching my mistake! :)

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 17 Feb 2014, 09:43

liviomoreno wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:Rocco D'Avino born 1889, August 9 address: Contrada Consiglio 9
son of Baldassarre 42yo, farmer and Giacomina Capobianco


Maybe I'm looking at the wrong record but to me it looks like “Contrada Cortiglio Numero Uno (No 1)

Angela


Thanks for catching my mistake! :)


You are very welcome :D

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby dmurphy1940 » 17 Feb 2014, 14:31

Thank you both!
Grazie,

Dolores

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 17 Feb 2014, 22:06

You are very welcome :) I hope you are managing to keep warm and the snow has cleared. We don't really get snow here - just gale force winds - sometimes my beautiful trees are almost horizontal!!

Have a nice day and be warm :)

Angela

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby dmurphy1940 » 17 Feb 2014, 23:27

Thanks, Angela, more snow on the way for us tomorrow!
Grazie,

Dolores

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 18 Feb 2014, 01:17

Oh dear! It's relentless. :cry:

We have only had a snow fall once here that I recall and the first day was magical. It was like a winter wonderland and we could hardly contain ourselves with excitement ! Out came the cameras and we all went out and danced and played in it. It was so much fun. BUT THEN, it decided to set in and by the end of the second day reality hit home and the novelty wore off and things became somewhat tiresome, complicated and chaotic. It was cold and we couldn't go anywhere and........ ho hum .......tiddly pom - I felt like Winnie the Pooh stuck in an enclosure after eating too much honey .... :(

You are all very much in my thoughts, and prayers for safety.
Angela

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: D'Avino, Rocco Birth

Postby dmurphy1940 » 18 Feb 2014, 17:09

Thank you, Angela. Still waiting for the snow to arrive, and it will!
Grazie,

Dolores


Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests