Please help with letter to local Italian government

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TerryM
Rookie
Rookie

Please help with letter to local Italian government

Postby TerryM » 17 Feb 2014, 22:33

I am emailing the government office in Brienza (PZ) to ask for vital records information so I wrote it out in English and then used Google Translate. Does this seem polite enough? I have already checked Familysearch.org for the information and all of it happened after the last date provided by that website.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Per favore aiutami a trovare le seguenti informazioni:
Antonia Marasco data di morte. E 'nata circa 1853.
Luigi Marasco data di morte. Era nato nel 1876.
Felice Marasco data di morte. Era nato nel 1896.
Maria Marasco data del matrimonio al signor Lopardo. E 'nata nel 1894.
Maria Lopardo data di morte. E 'nata nel 1894.
Grazie per il vostro aiuto

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Please help with letter to local Italian government

Postby Italysearcher » 18 Feb 2014, 11:50

The letter is simple, direct and to the point. However, unless the town has a file system that allows them to find the date of death easily it is unlikely they will check every register from the date of birth to present. If you can provide some clues you will have a greater chance of success. For example, the birth records often have a notation of death. Marriage records of their children often indicate if the parents are alive or dead.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 19 Feb 2014, 01:51

There are civil records of Brienza on ancestry.com in the Italian record section deaths go 1866-1938 (universal subscription) with indexes should be able to find some info there. I cant see the town of Brienza going through their registry looking for death records with out a year

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

TerryM
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TerryM » 19 Feb 2014, 04:37

Thank you Ann and Marty! I do have some more info that can narrow the dates down some so I will include that. I'll look through Ancestry.com before I send it.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”