Cittadianze 1920 translation help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Cittadianze 1920 translation help

Postby bluefairy79 » 19 Feb 2014, 16:51

Great News my computer is back and so far so good yay!!! so i had an itch and Just found this gong through the cammarata records for Cittadianze 1920 can i get some help with translation please i can make a few words out but not manyhttps://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3 ... 1691101556 for Giuseppe la Greca i believe this is my great grandfather he was born in cammarata 1878 and married in 1907 in ribera to calogera gulino.

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 4843
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Cittadianze 1920 translation help

Postby erudita74 » 19 Feb 2014, 23:34

bluefairy79 wrote:Great News my computer is back and so far so good yay!!! so i had an itch and Just found this gong through the cammarata records for Cittadianze 1920 can i get some help with translation please i can make a few words out but not manyhttps://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3 ... 1691101556 for Giuseppe la Greca i believe this is my great grandfather he was born in cammarata 1878 and married in 1907 in ribera to calogera gulino.



This record is dated Sept 4, 1920 in the town hall of Cammarata. Giuseppe LaGreca, age 43, who was born and living in Cammarata, was appearing before the town's mayor to declare that he was requesting a transfer in his domicile to the town of Ribera, as he wished to make that town the principal place of his business affairs and interests. There were two witnesses present: Enrico Mendola, age 72, and Ernesto Mendola, age 30, both residents in Cammarata.

Erudita

bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Cittadianze 1920 translation help

Postby bluefairy79 » 20 Feb 2014, 12:12

Thanks for the translation this is the first and only record i found in this collection of Cittadianze I know my great grandpa married in ribera but nothing confirms that this can be him how can i tell

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 4843
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Cittadianze 1920 translation help

Postby erudita74 » 20 Feb 2014, 13:31

bluefairy79 wrote:Thanks for the translation this is the first and only record i found in this collection of Cittadianze I know my great grandpa married in ribera but nothing confirms that this can be him how can i tell



You only have his age, and that he was a contadino (peasant/farmer) in the record, which I forgot to add to my translation. There are no parents' names given in this document. So, it depends on how many people with the same name and same birth year, or approximate birth year, had the same name. If he was the only one, then it would be him. If there were others with the same first name born around the time he was, and of the same occupation, then it might not be him. There is no way to tell from this record. Why can't you confirm that your grandfather married in Ribera? Have you tried contacting the town of Ribera to get his marriage info? Or contact the town of Cammarata to see if they have the date he emigrated out of that town. I know one of the Sicilian towns in my husband's ancestry had the date an ancestor's son left the town for a neighboring town and the date he returned to his native town. I know all towns do not keep that info though.

Erudita

bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Cittadianze 1920 translation help

Postby bluefairy79 » 20 Feb 2014, 14:12

Oh no i have confirmation of his marriage i wanted confirmation for ths one but you are right i should look back on the years and see the births that will confirm this for sure.Thanks so much !!!

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 4843
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Cittadianze 1920 translation help

Postby erudita74 » 21 Feb 2014, 14:20

bluefairy79 wrote:Oh no i have confirmation of his marriage i wanted confirmation for ths one but you are right i should look back on the years and see the births that will confirm this for sure.Thanks so much !!!



You're very welcome. By the way, I sent you a private message the other day which you haven't seen.
Erudita

bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 05:33

Re: Cittadianze 1920 translation help

Postby bluefairy79 » 21 Feb 2014, 23:02

I just saw the message sorry i have been going nuts with Ancestry and their stupid tech guys that have no idea what they are doing they just send me links tell me to unlink then link etc they made a mess out of my tree i was working on it all yesturday and today let me tell you i cried like a baby and had a panic attack my husband thought i was nuts lol. I am Really thinking about changing programs but want something i can share with family etc online I still have info that's missing.I even backed it up etc and had issues all because of their tech guys that have no idea how it works.crazy i tell you...but i did see your message today and i didn't even think about that i just thought since my dad was born in ribera that they stayed their...lol

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 4843
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Cittadianze 1920 translation help

Postby erudita74 » 21 Feb 2014, 23:23

bluefairy79 wrote:I just saw the message sorry i have been going nuts with Ancestry and their stupid tech guys that have no idea what they are doing they just send me links tell me to unlink then link etc they made a mess out of my tree i was working on it all yesturday and today let me tell you i cried like a baby and had a panic attack my husband thought i was nuts lol. I am Really thinking about changing programs but want something i can share with family etc online I still have info that's missing.I even backed it up etc and had issues all because of their tech guys that have no idea how it works.crazy i tell you...but i did see your message today and i didn't even think about that i just thought since my dad was born in ribera that they stayed their...lol



I just wanted to give you something to think about. Glad you saw the PM.
Erudita


Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests