Translation of a journal

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ntempleton

Translation of a journal

Postby ntempleton » 22 Feb 2014, 03:03

I have come into possession of my great grandfather's handwritten journal from 1899. He was from Decollatura and I am having difficulty finding someone to translate it, due to his handwriting and possibly the dialect. What is of interest to me are 2 stories he seems to have written. One that looks like it is called "Storia di Vruccio" and another titled "Storia del Governo Italiano." The book is very fragile, but I have been able to scan a few pages and photograph others. Can anyone help me figure out what this story might be about? I have attached scans of the first 2 pages.

Thanks!!!!
Attachments
molinaro journal p1-2.docx
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 38 times

MaryMena
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation of a journal

Postby MaryMena » 28 Feb 2014, 00:25

ntempleton, I have translated your journal but would prefer to send it to you by private message. Since you're new to this forum, I believe that you need to have a couple more posts before I can do that.

MaryMena

ntempleton

Postby ntempleton » 12 Mar 2014, 00:39

Thank yous so much for your time! I am very excited to see what you learned through the translation. There are more pages to this story, as well as the additional story. I have wondered whether the Vruccio he writes about was a person or a place, assuming I have spelled that correctly. I know there is a town called Veruccio in Northern Italy, but that is no where near Decollatura where my great grandfather was from.

MaryMena
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MaryMena » 12 Mar 2014, 23:31

ntempleton, I've tried to PM you but it doesn't seem to be working. I think you need to post once or twice more for me to be able to PM you.

MaryMena

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”