Birth record translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Birth record translation

Postby Amansolillo » 04 Mar 2014, 22:42

Hello. I would appreciate the translation of this birth record. This birth record is for a daughter of Giuseppe Conca and Anna Cinquegrana whose name I cannot make out. I also cannot tell if this record is of one daughter or twins, as the name Maria seems to appears twice in the child's name.

http://imgh.us/iPod_2605.jpg
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Birth record translation

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Mar 2014, 01:42

I do not see an indication for twins on the record. It is usually noted ("gemella") -

I see the child's given name as Maria Loisia Maria Amadia

Hope another pair of eyes will double check that last given name :-)

T.

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 05 Mar 2014, 02:06

I recall the name looking like Maria Luigia Maria Amelia in the index (which I forgot to take a picture of). Is it normal for Maria to be used twice in this instance?
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Mar 2014, 11:05

Amansolillo wrote:I recall the name looking like Maria Luigia Maria Amelia in the index (which I forgot to take a picture of). Is it normal for Maria to be used twice in this instance?

Not unheard of...

And if the name appears more clearly in the index, I would go with that.

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”