Birth record translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Birth record translation

Postby Amansolillo » 04 Mar 2014, 23:42

Hello. I would appreciate the translation of this birth record. This birth record is for a daughter of Giuseppe Conca and Anna Cinquegrana whose name I cannot make out. I also cannot tell if this record is of one daughter or twins, as the name Maria seems to appears twice in the child's name.

http://imgh.us/iPod_2605.jpg
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Birth record translation

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Mar 2014, 02:42

I do not see an indication for twins on the record. It is usually noted ("gemella") -

I see the child's given name as Maria Loisia Maria Amadia

Hope another pair of eyes will double check that last given name :-)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Amansolillo » 05 Mar 2014, 03:06

I recall the name looking like Maria Luigia Maria Amelia in the index (which I forgot to take a picture of). Is it normal for Maria to be used twice in this instance?
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Mar 2014, 12:05

Amansolillo wrote:I recall the name looking like Maria Luigia Maria Amelia in the index (which I forgot to take a picture of). Is it normal for Maria to be used twice in this instance?

Not unheard of...

And if the name appears more clearly in the index, I would go with that.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations