Help translating 1936 letter

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
don_pa69

Help translating 1936 letter

Post by don_pa69 »

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could translate the attached letter and photo. I believe this letter was never mailed. It looks like it was addressed to Italy, but doesn't seem to have been mailed.

The photo was in the envelope, but I do not know if the photo belongs with the letter or not.

The handwriting is too difficult for me to make out and enter into Google translate.

Thank you for your help.

Don
Attachments
1936 Letter To Italy.pdf
(322.3 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help translating 1936 letter

Post by suanj »

Dearest sister,
You can't believe how I'm worried for you, for the reasons I wrote you more than two months ago, but until now no answer, I don't understand why?
If in the past I have not written you, you already know the reason, because I'm no able in the writing, but now that I have the opportunity to write, I repeat that I am very worried, I hope you're not sick, and that all your are very well, as I assure of all us.
I send you the envelope for the reply back, you have to write just the letter.

Envelope:
To Mr Pietro Alfani
Macchia
Montecorvino Rovella (Salerno) Italy

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
don_pa69

Post by don_pa69 »

Thank you for the translations. There's a second page in the attached PDF. Could you translate that page as well? I'm hoping that will give me more clues about who wrote the letter and who is in the picture.

Thank you,
Don
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

sorry
suanj wrote:Dearest sister,
You can't believe how I'm worried for you, for the reasons I wrote you more than two months ago, but until now no answer, I don't understand why?
If in the past I have not written you, you already know the reason, because I'm no able in the writing, but now that I have the opportunity to write, I repeat that I am very worried, I hope you're not sick, and that all your are very well, as I assure of all us we are in excellent health. I send you also a stamp so I you can reply m soon. I don't have anything else to tell you, greetings and affectionate kisses to the whole family, and to you a hug and a loving kiss, your sister Giuseppina. I wait a....
back photo: Pietro Filippo my son 15 years old

I send you the envelope for the reply back, you have to write just the letter.

Envelope:
To Mr Pietro Alfani
Macchia
Montecorvino Rovella (Salerno) Italy

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
don_pa69

Post by don_pa69 »

Thank you! I appreciate you taking your time to help me.

Does anyone have any idea if the return address is still deliverable if I used it? Or is it to vague nowadays? I realize it's a long shot that a family member was still living there.

Take care,
Don