help with translation of death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
misschristi16
Master
Master

help with translation of death record

Post by misschristi16 »

Here is a death record I came across today.
It is for Maria Guiseppe Pinto, record #9 daughter to Francesco and Rosa Ciampa.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,54288701

Did she die the 9th of February, 1867? It does not say bambino, so I am pretty sure it is not a baby. And, according to my records, Rosa Ciampa, the mother, had passed before this death. Does it say that in the record?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: help with translation of death record

Post by Tessa78 »

Record #9
Dated 10 February 1867 at 10 PM in Rapone
Before the official appeared Nicola del Gaudio(?) of deceased Franceso, 38, tavernkeeper; and Giuseppe Tozza of deceased Saverio, 51, peasant farmer, both residing in Rapone, to declare that at 11 PM, Saturday, 9 February, died at home, Maria Giuseppa Pinto of deceased Franceco, and of deceased Rosa Ciampa, age 60, shopkeeper residing in Rapone; wife of Pietro Addisso(?), at the place at Strada San Pietro in this town.

T.
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

she was 60 yrs old? Hmmm, that puts her birth before the birth that I have for Rosa Ciampa.
Could that be a mistake from when they recorded it? Or, do I have the wrong people?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

misschristi16 wrote:she was 60 yrs old? Hmmm, that puts her birth before the birth that I have for Rosa Ciampa.
Could that be a mistake from when they recorded it? Or, do I have the wrong people?
Fourth line from the bottom of the record:
"anni sessanta, di professione bottegaio..."
definitely states, age 60 :?

COULD be an error or record...

Is the husband's name correct?
Could be Addesso, Addesio...
T.
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

I do not have record of Maria Guiseppa, I just went off the death record, since the parents match my g-g-grandfather. I will look into this and see. Thanks for your help.