1839 Death Record-Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

1839 Death Record-Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 16 Mar 2014, 20:15

Happy Sunday to everyone!
I have a Corrado Sciancalepore on my family tree, who is a direct ancestor 6 generations. He was born in 1792. I was able to get the name of his father, Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore. In going through death records, I came across one in the year 1839 for a Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore. I am now trying to determine if he is, in fact, the father of Corrado. This is what I have translated so far. Please correct or add any important information that may help me figure out if he belongs on my tree.

Name: Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore - Age 90 - died in the hospital?

Wives: widower of Angela de Russo or Rosio ? and Isabella de Santis ?

Date of Death: Jan. 29, 1839

Reported by: Mauro Sciancalepore (son of the deceased) - Age 28 ? ; and Cosmo Sciancalepore (another son of the deceased) - age 25

Son of Corrado (deceased) and Isabella La Forgia (deceased)

Here is the link to the record:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Note: Since he was 90 when he died, do I have the ages of his sons correct? They seen too young to be his sons. This puts his age at approximately 1749. The Corrado on my tree was born 1792, so that seems possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, any thoughts or comments as to whether he is actually the father my Corrado would be appreciated. I don't like to put anyone on my tree unless I am pretty sure.

Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from someone.
:?
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: 1839 Death Record-Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore

Postby Tessa78 » 16 Mar 2014, 22:10

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Happy Sunday to everyone!
I have a Corrado Sciancalepore on my family tree, who is a direct ancestor 6 generations. He was born in 1792. I was able to get the name of his father, Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore. In going through death records, I came across one in the year 1839 for a Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore. I am now trying to determine if he is, in fact, the father of Corrado. This is what I have translated so far. Please correct or add any important information that may help me figure out if he belongs on my tree.

Name: Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore - Age 90 - died in the hospital? NO, he died at home

Wives: widower of Angela de Russo or Rosio ? and husband of Isabella de Santis ?

Date of Death: Jan. 25, 1839 reported on 26th

Reported by: Mauro Sciancalepore (son of the deceased) - Age 28 ? hard to say, but I saw 38 ; and Cosmo Sciancalepore (another son of the deceased) - age 25 (I did not see an age for him - the 25 you see is the date of death)

Son of Corrado (deceased) and Isabella La Forgia (deceased) yes

Here is the link to the record:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Note: Since he was 90 when he died, do I have the ages of his sons correct? They seen too young to be his sons. This puts his age at approximately 1749. The Corrado on my tree was born 1792, so that seems possible. ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, any thoughts or comments as to whether he is actually the father my Corrado would be appreciated. I don't like to put anyone on my tree unless I am pretty sure. You will need to verify with other documents :-)

Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from someone.
:?

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 16 Mar 2014, 23:10

Thanks Tessa. There are not that many documents available that go back that far.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby Tessa78 » 17 Mar 2014, 00:14

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Thanks Tessa. There are not that many documents available that go back that far.

Yes, you are lucky to find this :-)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 25 Mar 2014, 20:45

Hi Everyone:

I think the above record of Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore is my family. I have now found the death record to his son, Corrado. Here is the link:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html

This is what I have translated:
Date of Death: July 28, 1831
Name: Corrado Sciancalepore (married to Agata de Pinto)
Address: ?
Son of Saverio and the deceased Angela Saveria (?) de Russo (?)

If the above is correct, they I have found the proof I need for the death record of his father, which is above in this post.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice!

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby erudita74 » 26 Mar 2014, 05:17

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Hi Everyone:

I think the above record of Francesco Saverio Sciancalepore is my family. I have now found the death record to his son, Corrado. Here is the link:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html

This is what I have translated:
Date of Death: July 28, 1831
Name: Corrado Sciancalepore (married to Agata de Pinto)
Address: Strada San Girolamo
Son of Saverio and the deceased Angela Saveria (?) de Ruvo (I see the surname in the index-not sure about her middle name.

If the above is correct, they I have found the proof I need for the death record of his father, which is above in this post.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice!
erudita74
Master
Master

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations