Aprino Birth Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Aprino Birth Record Translation

Postby nclark225 » 17 Mar 2014, 14:56

Hello,

I don't know if it's just poor spelling/handwriting or my lack of knowledge of the language, but I can't seem to get valid translations for my great-grandmother's birth record from Sicily. Could someone please help translate the text that is in the attachment? Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Nick
Attachments
Arpino Birth Record.png
Arpino Birth Record - Screenshot
nclark225

Re: Aprino Birth Record Translation

Postby liviomoreno » 17 Mar 2014, 17:10

"Detto bambino dell'apparente età di giorno uno che da persona ignota venne esposto nella sala di allattamento in Piazza del Carmine viene da me per mezzo della dichiarante stessa rinviato nella sala anzidetta alla quale rimetto una copia del presente atto per essere consegnato alla direttrice dello stabilimento assieme agli oggetti trovati presso il bambino medesimo cioè con fascia fascione cuffia e tovacchino(?)."

The above baby child, apparently 1 day old, was abandoned in the nursing room in Piazza del Carmine, is sent back, through the declarant, to the above mentioned room to be handed to the managing director (a woman) of the establishment, together with the objects found with the baby, namely a band, a big band a cap and a ????
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby nclark225 » 17 Mar 2014, 19:17

Wow, thank you so much for your help!
nclark225

Postby paola52 » 18 Mar 2014, 19:28

liviomoreno wrote:tovacchino(?)."

Could it be tonachino?
Old vocabularies have this word as a diminutive of tonaca, like the frock or long shirt babies wore over the swaddling, called "fascia" or "fasce"
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan
paola52
Veteran
Veteran

Postby liviomoreno » 18 Mar 2014, 19:42

paola52 wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:tovacchino(?)."

Could it be tonachino?
Old vocabularies have this word as a diminutive of tonaca, like the frock or long shirt babies wore over the swaddling, called "fascia" or "fasce"

It makes sense! I believe you are right. :)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations