Marriage Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Elite
Elite

Marriage Record Translation

Postby JOHN08 » 20 Mar 2014, 05:48

My translation of the marriage record for Angela Pucciano and Antonio Terranova:

On the 9th of May 1897, appeared: Antonio Terranova - unmarried, age: 23, profession: peasant farmer, born: Acri, son of Francesco, living: Acri; also, son of Mariangela Pignaturo ?, living: Acri.

Also appeared: Angela Pucciano - unmarried, age: 23, profession: peasant farmer, born: Acri, living: Acri, daughter of Domenico, living: Acri; also, daughter of ? Sanosia ?, living: Acri.

The two witnesses: Angelo ?, age: 33, profession: peasant farmer; ? Terranova, age 28, profession: peasant farmer.

Appreciate any corrections/additions.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bb3b78.jpg

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Postby erudita74 » 20 Mar 2014, 12:36

JOHN08 wrote:My translation of the marriage record for Angela Pucciano and Antonio Terranova:

On the 9th of May 1897, appeared: Antonio Terranova - unmarried, age: 23, profession: peasant farmer, born: Acri, son of Francesco, living: Acri; also, son of Mariangela Pignataro, living: Acri.

Also appeared: Angela Pucciano - unmarried, age: 23, profession: peasant farmer, born: Acri, living: Acri, daughter of Domenico, living: Acri; also, daughter of ? Sanosia ?, living: Acri.

The two witnesses: Angelo Azzinnaro, age: 33, profession: peasant farmer; Gennaro Terranova, age 28, profession: peasant farmer.

As to the bride's mother's name-possibility is Saveria Manfredi, with her last name written first in the record.

Appreciate any corrections/additions.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bb3b78.jpg

JOHN08
Elite
Elite

Postby JOHN08 » 10 Apr 2014, 06:59

If this couple had an earlier church wedding, would this civil marriage record have an notation noting the church wedding?

Thanks for any input.

John

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 10 Apr 2014, 07:20

JOHN08 wrote:If this couple had an earlier church wedding, would this civil marriage record have an notation noting the church wedding?

Thanks for any input.

John

No :cry:

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 10 Apr 2014, 07:23

The surname of Angela's mother is Manfredi

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”