reposting -help please with antenati record (edited)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

reposting -help please with antenati record (edited)

Postby jkingb » 30 Mar 2014, 07:24

Reposting this because I was unable to edit the original post. Very grateful to anyone who can help!

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I am hoping to clarify the following 3 points (record is on right-hand side, very bottom, continuing onto next page):

1) according to the record, which of the bride's parents hails from Valperga - the mother only, or both mother and father? It looks like the bride (M. M. Frasca) was born elsewhere (in Noli).

2) the occupation listed for the father of the groom (Gaicomo Calcagno)?

3) the year of birth of the groom (Carlo B. Calcagno) - hard to read, but looks like 1784,which would match his stated age of 22. Can anybody decipher it and confirm?

Thank you again to all the wonderful people on this site who continue to help those of us who are less experienced!

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: reposting -help please with antenati record (edited)

Postby liviomoreno » 30 Mar 2014, 08:12

jkingb wrote:Reposting this because I was unable to edit the original post. Very grateful to anyone who can help!

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I am hoping to clarify the following 3 points (record is on right-hand side, very bottom, continuing onto next page):

1) according to the record, which of the bride's parents hails from Valperga - the mother only, or both mother and father?Both parents are from Valperga It looks like the bride (M. M. Frasca) was born elsewhere (in Noli) Yes.

2) the occupation listed for the father of the groom (Giacomo Calcagno)? "Cha?? à bois, ????

3) the year of birth of the groom (Carlo B. Calcagno) - hard to read, but looks like 1784,which would match his stated age of 22. Can anybody decipher it and confirm?Mil sept cent quatre vingt quatre 1784

Thank you again to all the wonderful people on this site who continue to help those of us who are less experienced!

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jkingb » 30 Mar 2014, 09:00

Livio -Thanks so much for your help! Now if I could only figure out the occupation! I have a record for a cousin of Giacomo and he has the same occupation listed - looks like "chanin" or something, but no dot on the i - so probably not an i.. Strange..

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 30 Mar 2014, 09:20

Could you post the record of this cousin?

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jkingb » 30 Mar 2014, 09:43

Yes, of course.

See Pietro (top right):

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html

See also - Francisco (again, top right). Actually, here is looks more like "charion" or "chanon"?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 30 Mar 2014, 09:56

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jkingb » 30 Mar 2014, 10:10

Thanks, I appreciate it. That must be it. I found something earlier on google translate - cart or transport for one of the variations I put in ( I tried quite a few to see if anything worked). But I wasn't sure (since it wasn't a clear occupation) and then I gave up. This is great. Thanks again for your help.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”