help with a line in marriage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

help with a line in marriage record

Postby jkingb » 02 Apr 2014, 00:36

Once again, I am very grateful to anyone who can decipher the French.

I would like to know whether the record specifies a relationship between the bride, and either of two men listed toward the bottom (right-hand side) who I believe to be relatives, Joseph and Blaise Fina. Are they possibly brothers of the bride's father? It seems that the words "frere/freres de" appear in the following line, but I can't read what follows.

Thanks so much!

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... iewsIndex=

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: help with a line in marriage record

Postby erudita74 » 02 Apr 2014, 04:06

jkingb wrote:Once again, I am very grateful to anyone who can decipher the French.

I would like to know whether the record specifies a relationship between the bride, and either of two men listed toward the bottom (right-hand side) who I believe to be relatives, Joseph and Blaise Fina. Are they possibly brothers of the bride's father? It seems that the words "frere/freres de" appear in the following line, but I can't read what follows.

Thanks so much!

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... iewsIndex=

They were brothers of the bride. tous deux ont dit etre freres del'epouse -both have said to be brothers of the bride-(sorry, I don't know how to type the proper French accents with my keyboard)

Erudita

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jkingb » 02 Apr 2014, 04:56

Thanks!

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 02 Apr 2014, 13:17