Please check my translations - short

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
emmyc

Please check my translations - short

Postby emmyc » 02 Apr 2014, 16:37

There are a few words/phrases I'm unsure of, and I was hoping you guys could help. I'm translating my GGF's death certificate and my Gf's marriage certificate.

1) Elevator operator - I found "Ascensorista" but is this okay since it's feminine and my GGF was male?

2) Loft building - I'm at a loss as to how to translate this properly

3) Race: White - Is "bianco" okay for women as well?

4) Finally I have a paragraph I translated and wanted someone to check (if possible and so many thanks!!!)

This is a marriage license and not a marriage certificate. The marriage certificate on the reverse side should be filled out and filed promptly by the Clergyman or Magistrate as required by law, with the Town or City Clerk who issued the license. See that your marriage is thus recorded.

Translated to: Questa è una licenza di matrimonio e non un certificato di matrimonio. Il certificato di matrimonio sul retro deve essere compilata e presentata prontamente dal Sacerdote o Magistrato come richiesto dalla legge, con il segretario comunale o il City che ha rilasciato la licenza. Assicuratevi che il vostro matrimonio è quindi registrata.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Please check my translations - short

Postby liviomoreno » 02 Apr 2014, 18:25

1 Ascensorista is masculine
2 ???
3 for women is "bianca"
4 Questa è una licenza di matrimonio e non un certificato di matrimonio. Il certificato di matrimonio sul retro deve essere compilato e registrato prontamente a cura del Sacerdote o del Magistrato come richiesto dalla legge, attraverso il segretario comunale che ha rilasciato la licenza. Assicuratevi che il vostro matrimonio sia stato registrato in questo modo.

emmyc

Re: Please check my translations - short

Postby emmyc » 02 Apr 2014, 19:23

Thank you so much!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”