Can anyone help with a phone call to Lipari?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Can anyone help with a phone call to Lipari?

Postby puglisigeraci » 02 Apr 2014, 20:29

I mailed a request for my great grandmothers birth record on Jan 30,2014. (I mailed one for my Great Grandfather in Brolo on the same day - I got his back on March 4!) I have not heard back from Lipari. I did send along a self addressed envelope and $5 in cash towards postage
If anyone speaks fluently, can I pay you to call them for me and ask about it? This would be more reassuring to me than just resending the request.
Thank you!!
puglisigeraci

Re: Can anyone help with a phone call to Lipari?

Postby adelfio » 03 Apr 2014, 22:21

The problem with Lipari they want you to send your info about yourself with the request with notarized seal with your signature before they release the original record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 04 Apr 2014, 10:10

A copy of your passport should be sufficient and an explanation of how you are related.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby puglisigeraci » 21 Apr 2014, 21:02

I did send along a copy of my birth certificate and drivers license with the request in January.
I will resend with a passport copy and notarized seal.
Thanks so much for your help!
puglisigeraci

Postby puglisigeraci » 21 Apr 2014, 21:43

I actually sent a copy of my birth cerriicate, my mothers, her fathers - the son of Antonina- and a copy of my drivers license back in January, the same info I sent to Brolo. I will resend along with an explanation of why I need it, a notarized signature and passport page this time.
Thanks to all of you!
puglisigeraci

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations