Birth Record Translation, 1873

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Veteran
Veteran

Birth Record Translation, 1873

Postby JOHN08 » 16 Apr 2014, 03:59

My translation of this birth record for Antonio Terranova:

On the 3rd of August 1873, appeared Francesco Terranova, age: 40, profession: laborer, son of living Luigi, living in Acri. Francesco declared the birth of his son, Antonio, on 1st of August 1873, born of Mariangela Pignataro, his legitimate wife, age: 36, profession: seamstress, living in ?

Is there an address for the home where Antonio was born?

The two witnesses: Salvatore Sisia ?, age: 40 ?, son of deceased Vincenzo and Guiseppa Manfredi, age: 40, son of deceased Michele, living in Acri.

Any corrections/additions are appreciated. Hope I hope I didn't miss anything of importance.

One question about the birth declaration: if the person making the declaration did not physically present a baby because of sickness, would there be a notation on the birth record that a baby was presented to the vital records officer of the town.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 584ac1.jpg

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record Translation, 1873

Postby Tessa78 » 16 Apr 2014, 05:06

JOHN08 wrote:My translation of this birth record for Antonio Terranova:

On the 3rd of August 1873, appeared Francesco Terranova, age: 40, profession: laborer, son of living Luigi, living in Acri. Francesco declared the birth of his son, Antonio, on 1st of August 1873, born of Mariangela Pignataro, his legitimate wife, age: 35, profession: spinner , living with him

Is there an address for the home where Antonio was born? I see Contrada Gioia

The two witnesses: Salvatore Sisia ?, age: 5 0 ?, son of deceased Vincenzo and Guiseppe Manfredi, age: 36, son of deceased Michele, both laborers living in Acri.

Any corrections/additions are appreciated. Hope I hope I didn't miss anything of importance.

One question about the birth declaration: if the person making the declaration did not physically present a baby because of sickness, would there be a notation on the birth record that a baby was presented to the vital records officer of the town. It usually states that the child was not presented [because of weather, distance, health], and sometimes the declarant brings witnesses to the birth to give testimony.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 584ac1.jpg

T.

JOHN08
Veteran
Veteran

Postby JOHN08 » 16 Apr 2014, 07:39

Tessa,

Thanks for your inputs, present and past!

Regards,

John

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 16 Apr 2014, 15:51

JOHN08 wrote:Tessa,

Thanks for your inputs, present and past!

Regards,

John

Always happy to be of help, John! :-D

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”