Birth Record Translation, 1873

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Birth Record Translation, 1873

Postby JOHN08 » 16 Apr 2014, 03:59

My translation of this birth record for Antonio Terranova:

On the 3rd of August 1873, appeared Francesco Terranova, age: 40, profession: laborer, son of living Luigi, living in Acri. Francesco declared the birth of his son, Antonio, on 1st of August 1873, born of Mariangela Pignataro, his legitimate wife, age: 36, profession: seamstress, living in ?

Is there an address for the home where Antonio was born?

The two witnesses: Salvatore Sisia ?, age: 40 ?, son of deceased Vincenzo and Guiseppa Manfredi, age: 40, son of deceased Michele, living in Acri.

Any corrections/additions are appreciated. Hope I hope I didn't miss anything of importance.

One question about the birth declaration: if the person making the declaration did not physically present a baby because of sickness, would there be a notation on the birth record that a baby was presented to the vital records officer of the town.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 584ac1.jpg
JOHN08
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Birth Record Translation, 1873

Postby Tessa78 » 16 Apr 2014, 05:06

JOHN08 wrote:My translation of this birth record for Antonio Terranova:

On the 3rd of August 1873, appeared Francesco Terranova, age: 40, profession: laborer, son of living Luigi, living in Acri. Francesco declared the birth of his son, Antonio, on 1st of August 1873, born of Mariangela Pignataro, his legitimate wife, age: 35, profession: spinner , living with him

Is there an address for the home where Antonio was born? I see Contrada Gioia

The two witnesses: Salvatore Sisia ?, age: 5 0 ?, son of deceased Vincenzo and Guiseppe Manfredi, age: 36, son of deceased Michele, both laborers living in Acri.

Any corrections/additions are appreciated. Hope I hope I didn't miss anything of importance.

One question about the birth declaration: if the person making the declaration did not physically present a baby because of sickness, would there be a notation on the birth record that a baby was presented to the vital records officer of the town. It usually states that the child was not presented [because of weather, distance, health], and sometimes the declarant brings witnesses to the birth to give testimony.

John

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... 584ac1.jpg

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby JOHN08 » 16 Apr 2014, 07:39

Tessa,

Thanks for your inputs, present and past!

Regards,

John
JOHN08
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tessa78 » 16 Apr 2014, 15:51

JOHN08 wrote:Tessa,

Thanks for your inputs, present and past!

Regards,

John

Always happy to be of help, John! :-D

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations