Death Record Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Death Record Help

Postby tomtst » 03 May 2014, 00:34

There are a couple of things in this death record I need help with.
What is the first name of the deceased? I know the last name is Sullo.

I know the father was Saverio Sullo and mother Teresa Benevento.
What does it say under Teresa's name? -Something- Luigi Riccardiello. I know sometime they put the name of the spouse there. It doesn't look like "Maglie di".

Would it be the spouse of the deceased?
I have another record that says Vidua di and I don't know what that means either.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23851601@N08/13905302017/

Thanks
Tom
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Death Record Help

Postby erudita74 » 03 May 2014, 01:27

tomtst wrote:There are a couple of things in this death record I need help with.
What is the first name of the deceased? I know the last name is Sullo.

I know the father was Saverio Sullo and mother Teresa Benevento.
What does it say under Teresa's name? -Something- Luigi Riccardiello. I know sometime they put the name of the spouse there. It doesn't look like "Maglie di".

Would it be the spouse of the deceased?
I have another record that says Vidua di and I don't know what that means either.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23851601@N08/13905302017/

Thanks
Tom

Looks like the deceased's first name was Faustina, and she was the widow (vedova) of Luigi.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 03 May 2014, 07:19

The deceased husband is Luigi Ricciardiello.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby tomtst » 03 May 2014, 13:56

Also I have been searching for the death record of Teresa Benevento (the mother of Faustina) in Montemarano and cannot find it. This record lists her domiciliata as ???. her husband died young so she probably died in another town maybe remarried. Does her domiciliata give any clue as to where she lived?

Thanks
Tom
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Postby liviomoreno » 03 May 2014, 15:31

The name of the town where she lived is faded, I read Martinaxxx but I'm not sure. It is unlikely that she remarried, her husband name should have been in the record.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 03 May 2014, 16:03

tomtst wrote:Also I have been searching for the death record of Teresa Benevento (the mother of Faustina) in Montemarano and cannot find it. This record lists her domiciliata as ???. her husband died young so she probably died in another town maybe remarried. Does her domiciliata give any clue as to where she lived?

Thanks
Tom

If you are referring to the domicile of Teresa Benevento in the record, I believe it states "qui" which means "here"

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 03 May 2014, 16:14

Tessa78 wrote:
tomtst wrote:Also I have been searching for the death record of Teresa Benevento (the mother of Faustina) in Montemarano and cannot find it. This record lists her domiciliata as ???. her husband died young so she probably died in another town maybe remarried. Does her domiciliata give any clue as to where she lived?

Thanks
Tom

If you are referring to the domicile of Teresa Benevento in the record, I believe it states "qui" which means "here"

T.

The word in the record is "ivi" and not "qui"-it means "there"
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby tomtst » 12 Jun 2014, 12:37

The domiciliato of the deceased is Montemarano. The father's domiciliato is "in detto comune" I think. where would this be? would that be in Montemarano? then for Teresa it says "ivi" or there, would that also mean in detto comune?

Thanks
Tom
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Postby liviomoreno » 12 Jun 2014, 19:24

detto comune = (above) said municipality
liviomoreno
Master
Master

9 posts • Page 1 of 1