Need help with names and dates of death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need help with names and dates of death record

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#68
1862 Sept 9th in the town of Gioiosa death of Maria Bora age 36 spinner born in Gioiosa daughter of Lucio?? Bora and Carmela Laura wife of Giuseppe Lembo

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Need help with names and dates of death record

Post by johnnyonthespot »

adelfio wrote:INDEX#68
1862 Sept 9th in the town of Gioiosa death of Maria Bora age 36 spinner born in Gioiosa daughter of Lucio?? Bora and Carmela Laura wife of Giuseppe Lembo

Marty
The record was created on the 9th, however unless I am misreading, the death occurred on the 8th. Specifically, "che nel giorno di otto del mese di sopra anno di sopra alle ore ventitre" - that on the day eight of the month above of the year above at the hour 23 (11 PM). The month and year having been previously written above as "L'anno mille ottocento sessantadue il di nove di mese di Settembre" - the year one thousand eighthundred sixtytwo the nine of September.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)