help again with same document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

help again with same document

Postby scraig32 » 01 Jul 2014, 23:26

This document has already been translated for me, but I have another question about it. I was not sure how to repost a question about the same document. I apologize for doing this wrong. Could you take a look at the bride's mother's name again for me. It is Giacomina .....? Also, if the bride is Maria Pasquale di Bartolmeo that means her father's name is Giuseppe Bartolomeo. The reason that I ask is because I am having trouble locating Maria's birth and death documents because of her maiden name. I don't know whether to look under D or B. I've done both (I think). Thank you all for your time! Suzanne

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: help again with same document

Postby erudita74 » 02 Jul 2014, 00:27

scraig32 wrote:This document has already been translated for me, but I have another question about it. I was not sure how to repost a question about the same document. I apologize for doing this wrong. Could you take a look at the bride's mother's name again for me. It is Giacomina .....? Also, if the bride is Maria Pasquale di Bartolmeo that means her father's name is Giuseppe Bartolomeo. The reason that I ask is because I am having trouble locating Maria's birth and death documents because of her maiden name. I don't know whether to look under D or B. I've done both (I think). Thank you all for your time! Suzanne

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Giacomina's surname is Abiuso, which still exists in Riccia. There is actually only one person in the town in the current Italian phonebook with that surname.

In the record, the father's surname is given as "di Bartolomeo," but in the index, it is just Bartolomeo. In that region, it exists both ways.

Erudita

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 02 Jul 2014, 07:35

The document number is #17, not #16...

scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Postby scraig32 » 02 Jul 2014, 18:46