Death of Vincenzo Napolitano

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Death of Vincenzo Napolitano

Postby scraig32 » 05 Jul 2014, 19:13

I think I have translated this document but was wondering if you could proof my translation.

6 october 1889 in Riccia
Vincenzo was born and lived in Riccia. Lived on Via Monastero. Vincenzo was 64 year old wool carder (?). His father was Dominicantonio, wool carder, he lived in Riccia. His mother was (don't know if that is something important before her name) Maria di Bartolomeo, wool carder, lived in Telsi. Husband of Alberinta Rauso.

So if i were looking for the death extract of Maria di Bartolomeo would I look in Telsi? I have looked through all of the Riccia documents and can't find it.

Thank you !

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Death of Vincenzo Napolitano

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 05 Jul 2014, 21:18

scraig32 wrote:I think I have translated this document but was wondering if you could proof my translation.

Recorded:6 october 1889 in Riccia
Died yesterday (ieri) so 5 October 1889.
Vincenzo was born and lived in Riccia. Lived on Via Monastero. Vincenzo was 64 year old wool carder (?)Yes. His father was deceasedDominicantonio, wool carder, he lived in life (in vita) in Riccia. His mother was (don't know if that is something important before her name) the living (vivente - they have crossed out "fu" - deceased) Maria di Bartolomeo, wool carder No, Contadina - farmer, living in Telsi. Husband of Alberinta Rauso.

So if i were looking for the death extract of Maria di Bartolomeo would I look in Telsi? I have looked through all of the Riccia documents and can't find it. I would be looking there as well. I'm not sure that they are currently on line?
Thank you !

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby scraig32 » 05 Jul 2014, 23:47

Thank you so much! These new words will help me translate future documents as well.
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 06 Jul 2014, 00:00

scraig32 wrote:Thank you so much! These new words will help me translate future documents as well.

You are most welcome - happy to help.

Angela :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations