Death of Anna Maria Tambascia

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Death of Anna Maria Tambascia

Postby scraig32 » 07 Jul 2014, 20:26

I think I have translated correctly. Just wondering if you could take a look though? Thank you. Suzanne

21 February 1871 in the town of Riccia.
died Anna Maria Tambascia at the age of 80 in her own home, peasant farmer who lived in Riccia. Her mom and dad were both deceased, Felice and Rosa di Giorgio. Widow of Crescenzo Rauso. She is survived by 3 adult children.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Death of Anna Maria Tambascia

Postby erudita74 » 07 Jul 2014, 21:18

scraig32 wrote:I think I have translated correctly. Just wondering if you could take a look though? Thank you. Suzanne

21 February 1871 in the town of Riccia.
died Anna Maria Tambascia at the age of 80 in her own home, peasant farmer who lived in Riccia. Her mom and dad were both deceased, Felice and Rosa di Giorgio. Widow of Crescenzo Rauso. She is survived by 3 adult children.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Eccellente, Suzanne. One additional piece of info-she died in her house on Strada Airella, in case you need this info.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 07 Jul 2014, 21:38

Great find Suzanne. I admire your tenacity.

Angela :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby scraig32 » 07 Jul 2014, 23:06

Thanks Erudita for the info on the house. I do like this information. And thank you Angela. I just can't seem to stop until I get as much info as I can. I wanted to find one more document with Anna's surname on it. I have learned so much from you all! I am starting to feel a little brave about translating by myself.
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Postby erudita74 » 07 Jul 2014, 23:30

scraig32 wrote:Thanks Erudita for the info on the house. I do like this information. And thank you Angela. I just can't seem to stop until I get as much info as I can. I wanted to find one more document with Anna's surname on it. I have learned so much from you all! I am starting to feel a little brave about translating by myself.

Suzanne,
I'm happy to see that you're taking the initiative to try to translate the records by yourself. That's how I learned to do it some 20 years ago. It takes a lot of patience and practice to learn how to decipher these records. Keep at it. You're doing really well.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Postby scraig32 » 08 Jul 2014, 00:00

Thank you Erudita!! I just feel like such a pain in the neck every time I put a document up for translation. It's about time I start doing some myself:-) and give you all some peace!
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 08 Jul 2014, 02:19

scraig32 wrote:I just feel like such a pain in the neck every time I put a document up for translation.

Well you absolutely are not. (I understand and can relate though. I remember feeling like that and sometimes still do, especially when I start asking too many questions :oops:)

scraig32 wrote:And thank you Angela. I just can't seem to stop until I get as much info as I can.

Me too. (I sometimes wonder if I border on being “OC” where “detail and facts” are concerned. Not sure whether this is a gift or a disability? :? )

Keep going with the translations and just post them here if you feel they need verification. You are doing really well.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby scraig32 » 08 Jul 2014, 18:48

Thanks you two, its nice to know I'm not alone in how I feel.
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations