Marriage document help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Marriage document help

Postby veggiemuffin » 12 Jul 2014, 00:36

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,352692502

I'm not asking for a translation of this long, handwritten document because it is very long. I've been using my Italian dictionary to get a little of it.

But can someone give me the gist of it and any names that I may have missed in all the writing? I really don't know what it is, the front page of the section says it is Registro di Matrimonia. I was expecting a form of some kind, but this is a lot of text, which can be very useful of course.

Pasquale Bellina and Giuseppa Rumora (or Rumore, not sure how it's spelled) are my great great grandparents.

Thanks so much.
veggiemuffin

Re: Marriage document help

Postby Tessa78 » 12 Jul 2014, 01:39

Here is what I see :-)

Record #63
Dated 22 November 1871 at 10 AM at the town office in Prizzi…before the official…personally appeared
Pasquale Bellina, peasant farmer, single, age 28, residing in Prizzi, son of Maestro Salvatore, a carpenter, and of Vincenza Lo Bue, manufacturer/trader, residing in Prizzi
AND
Giuseppa Rumore, age 20 years and 9 months, single manufacturer/trader residing in Prizzi; daughter of Maestro Gaetano , a carpenter, amnd of Oliva Sporano(sp?), manufacturer/trader, residing in Prizzi;
They request to make the celebration of marriage…
The Banns of this marriage were officially posted at the town office in Prizzi, on day 1 of October last, and day 8 of said October, both on Sunday…
There was no opposition to the marriage, so they were married.
Witnesses to the record… Signor Gaspare Bagarella, son of Giuseppe, age 29, peasant farmer; and Girolamo Alongi of Maestro Francesco, threader, residents of Prizzi

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby veggiemuffin » 12 Jul 2014, 03:13

Thank you so much! And now I know their parents names. What was meant by maestro? Was it like we would say Mister?
veggiemuffin

Postby Tessa78 » 12 Jul 2014, 16:02

veggiemuffin wrote:Thank you so much! And now I know their parents names. What was meant by maestro? Was it like we would say Mister?

Maestro is often defined as "master" - someone who is very skilled at his work
In this case, a Master Carpenter

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations