Bit of help with Latin death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Bit of help with Latin death record

Postby jkingb » 20 Jul 2014, 21:42

Teresa Rossotto (about halfway down the page):

I don't understand what is written just after her name, and before the words stating that she is the wife of living Felice Fina (looks like "elinzano" or "e linzano"?). I was hoping to get parent's names, but unfortunately don't see any info about them. And her age - fifty five or something else? Any other useful information that I may have missed? This is a new town for me and the structure of these records is slightly different, so I'm having trouble. Thanks!
Attachments
Teresa.jpg

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Bit of help with Latin death record

Postby jkingb » 21 Jul 2014, 01:30

Now I am thinking it says "e Cinzano" (i.e., she was originally from the town of Cinzano). Still uncertain about the number (something with a five - 15, 55?) in the record - is it her age or date of death? The entries just above and just below are February, so this death must have been occurred in February as well, but I don't see it (or the actual day) - not obvious on this record!

jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jkingb » 22 Jul 2014, 02:26

Anybody? Grateful for any input at all!

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 31 Jul 2014, 15:45

You are right:
"e Cinzano" = "from Cinzano"
"quinquagesimo quinto" = 55th (year)
There's no date of death, but the person in the record before died Feb 5th, and the following Feb 9th.
At the end of the record, husband's name is repeated, and it states he was "from this place".
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”