Death of Giovanna Altieri

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Death of Giovanna Altieri

Postby scraig32 » 30 Jul 2014, 23:34

I am able to translate all of this document but the name of her deceased mother. I know her mother to be Colomba Genovese however it looks like something else here. Thank you for your help. Suzanne

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html

I have also included the index for it, which I think may be easier to read

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Death of Giovanna Altieri

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 31 Jul 2014, 01:13

I don't see Genovese at all. I see Mastrangelo in both the record and the index.

Sorry I haven't been much help. I'm meeting my son in about twenty minutes so need to get my skates on. Spot you later. Good luck.

Angela :)

scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Postby scraig32 » 31 Jul 2014, 03:25

I think I know what it is! I have since found the death extract of Colomba Genovese and her father's name is Angelo. So in the document above that you helped me with it probably says Colomba de fu Angelo or something like that.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 31 Jul 2014, 08:17

scraig32 wrote:I think I know what it is! I have since found the death extract of Colomba Genovese and her father's name is Angelo. So in the document above that you helped me with it probably says Colomba de fu Angelo or something like that.

Great, pleased you found Colomba's death record and it has helped. It would be interesting to know what the word/s are before Angelo. Maybe another set of eyes is needed on this one. :)

BTW: Did you notice in the index you have provided here, three lines down, No 3 Maria Abiuso, daughter of Cipriano and Donata Bozza? This would be Giacomina's sister :D

Angela

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 31 Jul 2014, 08:33

Giovanna Altieri was the daughter of the deceased Desiderio and of the decease Colomba Mastrangelo, she was also the wife of Antonio Caromano. Se died aged 70 on Jan 6 1841

scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Postby scraig32 » 31 Jul 2014, 19:02

Thanks Angela and Livio. That was a good catch Angela on Giacomina's sister. I appreciate both of you helping me!! Suzanne

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 31 Jul 2014, 21:30

scraig32 wrote:Thanks Angela and Livio. That was a good catch Angela on Giacomina's sister. I appreciate both of you helping me!! Suzanne

You are welcome Suzanne. I'm somewhat relieved that Livio was seeing exactly what I was seeing but I know it must be frustrating for you. I'm thinking that there is POSSIBLY a mistake with the surname on this record which has then been copied to the index. I did go through some records for you and did come across a death record for someone whose parents were Colomba Genovese and Desiderio Altieri so they were definitely a couple. There was also another Desiderio Altieri but married to someone completely different. I'm away now for the rest of the day - at work :)

Angela

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”