Birth Pietro Giordano

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Birth Pietro Giordano

Postby scraig32 » 01 Aug 2014, 05:26

I am so disappointed! I just got back from my local Family History Center. I went there to view some records from Santa Ninfa. I wanted to start with my great grandfather Pietro Giordano who I know to have been born on September 8, 1877. However, when I went to view that microfilm I knew it was going to be bad, very bad. Every document is illegible, not matter how I focused the machine or what contract or brightness I had it on. This side of the family has a very interesting history in Santa Ninfa and I wanted to confirm it- A baron, a baroness, a castle, illegitimate children, and adoptions. I have attached the birth extract here to see if by some miracle anyone can decipher it. I am hoping that when I go back to view my other two films they won't be as bad. I am not sure the best way to attach the document so I am trying it as a pdf first.Suzanne
Attachments
pietroimg003.pdf
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 23 times

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Birth Pietro Giordano

Postby liviomoreno » 01 Aug 2014, 08:24

Pietro Giordano was born Sept 8 1877 to unknown parents.

scraig32
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Birth Pietro Giordano

Postby scraig32 » 01 Aug 2014, 23:41

Thank you. That does confirm the story that we have been told. Can anyone tell what street the birth was on? I feel that I can just make out "via Castillo" but that may be wishful seeing bc supposedly he was actually born in Il Castillo to the Baron's son and a house woman and that is why he was given up for adoption and became a Giordano- my maiden name.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”