Pascazio Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
labiancm
Rookie
Rookie

Pascazio Birth Record

Post by labiancm »

Hello all! Moving on the my father's side of the family, I found a birth record for my great-grandmother, Teresa Pascazio at the following link. Would love some help in translating.

Thanks in advance

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Pascazio Birth Record

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

BIRTH RECORD NO 45: TERESA PASCASIO

Date of Record: 11 March 1900, 10.30 a.m. Bitetto
Appearing was Antonio Pascasio son of deceased Vito, aged 38, farmer, living in this town, to declare that at 3.15 p.m. on 8 of the current month (March) at a home in Vico Nunziata, No 18, his wife Anna DeSantis, daughter of Gregorio, Filatrice – Seamstress, Cotton Weaver, with whom he lived, gave birth to a female baby who was given the name Teresa Pascasio.

Side Entry: On 11 March 1943 Teresa died in Brooklyn. It gives a reference there too.

The surname Pascasio is written with two letters "s" so maybe it was changed in the States?

Angela

Just to add that I think that the reference is saying that the death notice will appear as entry Index No 2, in Part II i.e. the Supplementary Section at the end of the year book, of 1955 for this town (Bitetto). It seems like a long time for the information to be sent back? Anyways, that is what I understand here.
labiancm
Rookie
Rookie

Post by labiancm »

Thanks Angela, you are the best.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

labiancm wrote:Thanks Angela, you are the best.
:) Thank you. I've had some pretty amazing mentors on this site over the last two years. This forum is a great place to be learning not only about Italian Genealogy but about other matters connected with genealogy as well. Lots of wisdom and selfless giving/sharing on this site. Enjoy the journey.

Angela :)