Help with death document for Quintilla Brenta

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
brenta
Rookie
Rookie

Help with death document for Quintilla Brenta

Postby brenta » 29 Aug 2014, 23:03

Hi all,

Would someone kindly be able to help me with translations of Quintillas death record? She seems to be the only sibling my GG grandfather had so was just wondering if there was any information that might help track down if she married or had any children? Also if there were any clues as to whether they were anymore siblings? Two children doesn't seem very many for those days :)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much.
Attachments
QuintilaBrenta_death.jpg
Quintilla death cert

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help with death document for Quintilla Brenta

Postby adelfio » 30 Aug 2014, 00:19

Dated 8 Dec 1894 at the town office at 10:50 am
Before the official Gilberti Umberto appeared Romolo Fumasi age 27, farmer and Paolo Manfriedi, age 29,farmer both residing in Domaso,
To declare that at 2:00 am on today 8th of the month of Dec, in the town of Domaso, at home died Quintilla Brenta age 64 born in Domaso daughter of deceased Quinto Brenta and deceased Marta Salice??? residing in Domaso widow of Giacomo Risi
I read the present act to all the participants, and it was signed below by civil official and the declarants Carlo Bova age 25 and Gaetano Beretta age 42

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

brenta
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brenta » 30 Aug 2014, 00:30

Thank you so much Marty that's really great.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 30 Aug 2014, 01:01

Brenta and Marty

The date of record looks like "tre" to me and so this would make the date of birth the 3rd.

I don't think this person's Christian name was Quintilla. I can't quite decipher all the letters but what I do see is Qui..lia. There is no t there. Maybe if you find the marriage record of this woman and Giacomo, the name might read clearer. Do the parents names here agree with what you already know? The surname "Salice" still appears in this town so that would be correct.

Angela

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 02 Sep 2014, 08:13

I read "Quirilia". By googling this name, there seem to be some occurrence of it.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 02 Sep 2014, 20:47

PippoM wrote:I read "Quirilia". By googling this name, there seem to be some occurrence of it.

I first read "Quisilia" but then noticed there were only three "dots" and the clerk who wrote the record has been very good at dotting all "I" letters. Then I thought it might be "Quisolia" but couldn't find any occurrence of this name. Looking again it probably does look more like an "r" than an "s".

Angela

paola52
Elite
Elite

Postby paola52 » 04 Sep 2014, 17:56

Hi everybody
Quintilia and Quintilla were both used as feminine of Quinto. Rare, but present in northern Italy, sometimes given to a fifth born child
ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”