Andrea Colognori

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!

Andrea Colognori

Postby MichaelSerchio » 05 Oct 2014, 22:29

Can anyone please help me decipher the record here for Andrea Colognori (bottom right of photo): ... ,350066302

I'm normally ok at getting the main info from the records but they usually have some parts printed whereas this is completely handwritten and I'm struggling.

This is a very strange and surprising record that I have discovered, as this appears to be my great-grandfather's brother, but his name was also Andrea (and I have his birth and baptism records from 1874). Perhaps he was an older brother with the same name who died young?

If someone can help me translate then I can hopefully prove this theory.

Thanks very much in advance,

Re: Andrea Colognori

Postby erudita74 » 05 Oct 2014, 23:06

Dated Dec 6, 1871 at 3 P.M. in Barga.

Appearing was Giuseppe Colognori, the son of Iacopo (Colognori). He was a 30 year old property owner and reported that, at 2:30 P.M. on the 5th, in the house at #8 via della Ruota, his wife, Cesira Simonini,the daughter of deceased Iacopo Simonini, gave birth to a male child who was born without life and was being given the name Andrea. The infant was NOT presented.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”