Translation of a Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
demari18
Rookie
Rookie

Translation of a Birth Record

Postby demari18 » 14 Oct 2014, 18:46

record-image-2.jpg

I recently found a birth record for a Luigi DeTora. From what I can figure out his father was Ignazio DeTora and therefore not my husband's relative but I do see the name Andrea DeTora near the bottom of the record. I am wondering what it says in that part of the document. When we visited Italy last year and met relatives of Andrea DeTora they told us that the DeTora name was Marchese. Would that have anything to do with that part of the document? Thank you - DeMari

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translation of a Birth Record

Postby adelfio » 14 Oct 2014, 18:53

That Andrea DeTora age 37 farm hand witnessed the birth record and did not sign because he could not write

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

demari18
Rookie
Rookie

Postby demari18 » 14 Oct 2014, 19:46

Thanks so much Marty - Do you know anything about why the family said something about Marchese? Thanks, DeMari

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 15 Oct 2014, 00:33

Theres no Marchese listed on this record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”