1817 Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1817 Marriage Record

Postby Haztek » 30 Oct 2014, 21:14

Having a tough time with this one. I read the groom's name as Ascanio Lanni and his father Pascal. Looking for the groom's mother's name. Also the bride's name and her parents.

Thanks, jerry

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz18 ... a71db9.jpg
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: 1817 Marriage Record

Postby Tessa78 » 31 Oct 2014, 03:21

Haztek wrote:Having a tough time with this one. I read the groom's name as Ascanio Lanni and his father Pascal. Looking for the groom's mother's name. Also the bride's name and her parents.

Thanks, jerry

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz18 ... a71db9.jpg

Groom's mother: Teresa Mainolfi (deceased)
Bride: Domenica Catalina (though the spelling Cervinara is Catilina)
Father: Domenico (deceased)
Mother: Giovanna Xxxxx

T.

Haztek
Master
Master

Postby Haztek » 31 Oct 2014, 15:45

Thanks Tessa!
jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 01 Nov 2014, 04:11

Jerry
Giovanna's surname is possibly "de Bono."

Erudita

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 01 Nov 2014, 12:06

Jerry
I hope you realize that you have death dates imbedded in the 1817 and 1819 records you had posted. If you need help with that info, let us know.
Erudita

Haztek
Master
Master

Postby Haztek » 01 Nov 2014, 13:13

Hi Erudita:

I actually came up with the same last name, after spending about 1/2 hour viewing it yesterday.
Thanks for verifying the same name!

No, I did not realize that there are death dates in those two records.
Yes, I could use some help with those!

Thanks,
jerry

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 01 Nov 2014, 14:09

Jerry, in the 1819 record, there are two death dates:

the first death date is for Gregorio Cioffi who died in Cervinara in April of 1817. At first I thought it was the word uno for the first, but now that I look at the record again, I believe it is the word nove for 9th. So I believe his death date was April 9, 1817.

Then the record states that his mother, Fortunata Maurizio, age 70, who was living with her son, assisted with another death act. That death record appears to have been dated on Dec 11, 1819, but I believe that to be the date of the extracted copy of the death record she presented for his marriage, and not the actual date of the death. The reason I say this is because I then see the word vedovo for widower and then I can't make out the first name, but I see the surname Lombardo. So I think that the groom was a widower at the time of this 1819 marriage, and that his mother assisted with the death act of his previous spouse whose surname was Lombardo and who died in the town on Dec 31, 18xxx. I can't make out the year of Lombardo's death, but before her name I see vedovo della and then possibly the word fu followed by her first name, which I can't seem to decipher, followed by the surname Lombardo.

In the 1817 marriage record, there are also two death dates. The first one is for Teresa Mainolfi who died in Rotondi. September 23(?) possibly 1801. It looks like milleottocentouno, but it is all written as one word and I would not expect the u in uno to appear there. So I'm unsure about the year and the second digit in the day.

Domenico Catalina died on Aug 15, 1804.

Erudita

Haztek
Master
Master

Postby Haztek » 01 Nov 2014, 16:16

Erudita:

Thank you for all of that information! I just had a hard time with those 2 records. I had a very productive day last Thursday at the FHC. I found 8 marriage records of ancestors on microfilms!

Take care,

jerry

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 01 Nov 2014, 16:26

Jerry
I've been studying those death dates for days and, as you can see, I am still unsure about some of them. I've enlarged the records as much as my Picassa program allows. Also I meant to type milleottocentuno as what I expected for the year of the one death. I didn't expect to see the o in that year is what I meant to type earlier. I also don't think Ceccarelli is the correct surname in the one record. I believe, like T, that the ending in that surname is etti. Still not sure though about what that surname is. Yes, these two records are extremely difficult to decipher.

Erudita

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 01 Nov 2014, 20:19

erudita74 wrote:Jerry, in the 1819 record, there are two death dates:

the first death date is for Gregorio Cioffi who died in Cervinara in April of 1817. At first I thought it was the word uno for the first, but now that I look at the record again, I believe it is the word nove for 9th. So I believe his death date was April 9, 1817.

Then the record states that his mother, Fortunata Maurizio, age 70, who was living with her son, assisted with another death act. That death record appears to have been dated on Dec 11, 1819, but I believe that to be the date of the extracted copy of the death record she presented for his marriage, and not the actual date of the death. The reason I say this is because I then see the word vedovo for widower and then I can't make out the first name, but I see the surname Lombardo. So I think that the groom was a widower at the time of this 1819 marriage, and that his mother assisted with the death act of his previous spouse whose surname was Lombardo and who died in the town on Dec 31, 18xxx. I can't make out the year of Lombardo's death, but before her name I see vedovo della and then possibly the word fu followed by her first name, which I can't seem to decipher, followed by the surname Lombardo.

In the 1817 marriage record, there are also two death dates. The first one is for Teresa Mainolfi who died in Rotondi. September 23(?) possibly 1801. It looks like milleottocentouno, but it is all written as one word and I would not expect the u in uno to appear there. So I'm unsure about the year and the second digit in the day.

Domenico Catalina died on Aug 15, 1804.

Erudita

Wow, you have done a fantastic job on these translations Erudita!

I see the late Sara Lombardo and her date of death as 31 December 1818 (milleottocentodiciotto).

I agree with Marcello that the surname in question is Ceccarelli.
While it looks like it ends in "ette" I believe we are seeing bleeding. I see the name starting with a "C" not an "R" or a "B", it could pass for a "P" but I doubt it is when I compare it to the other capitalised "P's". Just my observations on this one.

Angela

Haztek
Master
Master

Postby Haztek » 02 Nov 2014, 01:25

Thank you Angela!
jerry

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 05 Nov 2014, 20:51

Haztek wrote:Thank you Angela!
jerry

Happy to help Jerry :)
Angela

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”