Help with handwritten Latin?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help with handwritten Latin?

Postby vineviz » 28 Jun 2005, 19:35

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone would be willing to help me translate a handwritten Latin document. It appears to be an extract of a parish death record for my 4G grandfather, who died in 1786, made for my great-grandfather's processetti in 1860. I am having a difficult time with the handwriting, and my Latin skills are not great anyway. I can make out a little bit of the second paragraph, but I'd hate to miss something useful.

http://vizachero.com/genealogy/images/vizzProcess9.jpg

In any event, any help will be greatly welcomed.

Thanks,

Vince
vineviz
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with handwritten Latin?

Postby suanj » 29 Jun 2005, 00:55

vineviz wrote:Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone would be willing to help me translate a handwritten Latin document. It appears to be an extract of a parish death record for my 4G grandfather, who died in 1786, made for my great-grandfather's processetti in 1860. I am having a difficult time with the handwriting, and my Latin skills are not great anyway. I can make out a little bit of the second paragraph, but I'd hate to miss something useful.

http://vizachero.com/genealogy/images/vizzProcess9.jpg

In any event, any help will be greatly welcomed.

Thanks,

just some phrase...:

I..... etc.....(name priest)Parish of Santa Lucia, Oppido Common from reading deaths book etc.......
1786 year, 18 day april month, Gennaro son of Leonardo Vizzaccaro, of 35(?) old , was in house of him own, when is migrated from life (died)...etc and have just (catholic) interment ...in Santa Lucia church etc...
[/quote]

regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help with handwritten Latin?

Postby vineviz » 29 Jun 2005, 03:52

Thanks, suanj, that actually helps me make sense of it.
vineviz
Rookie
Rookie

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations