1866 Atti di Nascita - Biaggio Mulé

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

1866 Atti di Nascita - Biaggio Mulé

Postby malsbury » 07 Nov 2014, 14:53

Record No. 71: Biaggio Mule' born June 1866 , son of Placido Mule' and Maria Grazia Guccione.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244656801

It looks like the informant was a Maria Giuseppa Mule' so it would be interested to she how she is related. It also appears that Placido's father Vincenzo was still alive at this point (as it was thought in the 1868 birth record for Salvatore) .

Any assistance with the translations of the details would be greatly appreciated.

-Thomas

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: 1866 Atti di Nascita - Biaggio Mulé

Postby erudita74 » 07 Nov 2014, 15:35

Thomas

In this record, Vincenzo was deceased (see the word "fu" before his name). It appears twice in the record=after the declarant's name and also after Placido's name)

The record is dated June 20, 1866 at 4 P.M.
Appearing was Maria Giuseppa Mule', of deceased Vincenzo, age 44. No occupation is given for her, but she assisted with the presentation of the infant (and more than likely its birth as well). Her relationship is not given in the record. She presented the male newborn which the officials recognized as being the one born to Maria Grazia Guccione, age 24, wife of Placido Mule', age 42, a fieldworker, resident in Villalba. The infant was born on June 17th at 2 P.M. in the house of the aforesaid parents on Strada Maggiore. The declarant stated that the name Biaggio was being given to the newborn. Witnesses were Vincenzo Immordino, son of deceased Rosario, age 51, farmer, and Leonardo Amico, of Luciano, age 36, blacksmith. They were both residents in Villalba and had been produced by the declarant. The declarant did not know how to write so only the two witnesses and town official signed the record.

Erudita

malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1866 Atti di Nascita - Biaggio Mulé

Postby malsbury » 07 Nov 2014, 16:21

Thanks for the info. Just as I think I start to get the meaning of looking through these records before I post them, it seems the littlest details are the critical ones. I'll keep that in mind as I move forward.

This record just helped me find the passenger manifest for the 1902 journey to the US that Biaggio made with his then 10 year old son Placido Mule' (named and born the year that Biaggio's father Placido died).

-Thomas

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”