Stanco, Nunzio Death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby dmurphy1940 » 07 Nov 2014, 18:52

Numero 8 for a translation please.
Attachments
StancoNunzioDeathNumero8image885.jpg
Grazie,

Dolores

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 07 Nov 2014, 19:17

Death Record No 8: Nunzio Stanco
Dated: 28 January 1877, 10.25 am, Frigento.
Donato di Rienzo, 27, landowner and Vito Capobianco, 31, landowner, both living in Frigento declared that at 4.30 am today at Contrada Mattine #17, Nunzio Stanco, aged 2, farmer, born and residing in Frigento died. She was the daughter of Angelo Michele Stanco and Loreta Capobianco, both farmers living in Frigento. She was Celibe (unmarried).

Angela :)

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 11580
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Nov 2014, 19:23

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Death Record No 8: Nunzio Stanco
Dated: 28 January 1877, 10.25 am, Frigento.
Donato di Rienzo, 27, landowner and Vito Capobianco, 31, landowner, both living in Frigento declared that at 4.30 am today at Contrada Mattine #17, Nunzio Stanco, aged 2, farmer, born and residing in Frigento died. She was the daughter of Angelo Michele Stanco and Loreta Capobianco, both farmers living in Frigento. She was Celibe (unmarried).

Angela :)


HE was the SON of Angelo Michele... and HE was unmarried :-)

T.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 07 Nov 2014, 19:48

Tessa78 wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote:Death Record No 8: Nunzio Stanco
Dated: 28 January 1877, 10.25 am, Frigento.
Donato di Rienzo, 27, landowner and Vito Capobianco, 31, landowner, both living in Frigento declared that at 4.30 am today at Contrada Mattine #17, Nunzio Stanco, aged 2, farmer, born and residing in Frigento died. She was the daughter of Angelo Michele Stanco and Loreta Capobianco, both farmers living in Frigento. She was Celibe (unmarried).

Angela :)


HE was the SON of Angelo Michele... and HE was unmarried :-)

T.


Whoops! :oops: I've got way too much on my mind at the moment. Thank you for the backup Tessa :D

Angela

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby dmurphy1940 » 07 Nov 2014, 19:56

Thank you both Angela and Tessa. I was just about to ask why a female would have an "o" at the end of the name........
Grazie,

Dolores

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 08 Nov 2014, 19:10

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thank you both Angela and Tessa. I was just about to ask why a female would have an "o" at the end of the name........

You are welcome Dolores. (That would've been an excellent question :wink: )
Angela :)

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby dmurphy1940 » 08 Nov 2014, 19:48

:P
Grazie,

Dolores

User avatar
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6817
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby PeterTimber » 08 Nov 2014, 21:10

This is similar to the Spanish Language name for a female CONSUELO which is exclusively female while Nunzio sounds more like a typographical error unless there is a precedent somewhere down the road? Peter
~Peter~

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby dmurphy1940 » 08 Nov 2014, 21:13

Thanks, Peter, this Nunzio was a male.
Grazie,

Dolores

User avatar
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6817
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby PeterTimber » 08 Nov 2014, 21:33

Thanks for reminding me that half the people are below average and 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot! Thanks Peter
~Peter~

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 08 Nov 2014, 21:37

PeterTimber wrote:This is similar to the Spanish Language name for a female CONSUELO which is exclusively female while Nunzio sounds more like a typographical error unless there is a precedent somewhere down the road? Peter

:) Peter, I just don't think my brain was completely engaged when I typed this up yesterday! I am so surprised that I didn't even pick up on my error when I typed "She" was "celibe". Oh dear!
Anyway, it was definitely a little boy as Dolores has confirmed.
Angela :D

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby dmurphy1940 » 08 Nov 2014, 23:01

:lol:
Grazie,

Dolores

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5432
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby liviomoreno » 09 Nov 2014, 07:51

AngelaGrace56 wrote:
PeterTimber wrote:This is similar to the Spanish Language name for a female CONSUELO which is exclusively female while Nunzio sounds more like a typographical error unless there is a precedent somewhere down the road? Peter

:) Peter, I just don't think my brain was completely engaged when I typed this up yesterday! I am so surprised that I didn't even pick up on my error when I typed "She" was "celibe". Oh dear!
Anyway, it was definitely a little boy as Dolores has confirmed.
Angela :D


Angela, I did find documents where "celibe" was used also for females :roll: .
BTW Nunzio is definitely masculine.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 09 Nov 2014, 10:32

liviomoreno wrote:Angela, I did find documents where "celibe" was used also for females :roll: .
BTW Nunzio is definitely masculine.


Nubile and Celibe when used as adjectives can each refer to either gender but when used as nouns nubile is female and celibe is male. Is that correct or not?

(Interesting, if you look at the lower right hand corner of the above record it says at 3. “se vedovo or marito, se vedova o moglie” and then it says “ovvero se celibe” (or if unmarried). It doesn't include “se nubile”? I've only just noticed this.)
Angela

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5432
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Postby liviomoreno » 09 Nov 2014, 10:49

Nowadays, in Italian Nubile is always referred to a woman, and Celibe to a man, however in the past, some times they used celibe also for women.


Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests