?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby dmurphy1940 » 10 Nov 2014, 18:04

I hope someone can help with a complete translation if possible.
Attachments
00764446 Murphy.jpg
Grazie,

Dolores

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 4843
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby erudita74 » 10 Nov 2014, 20:29

Dated Jan 10, 1827 at 6 P.M.
Carmine Ciampi, age 32, a tenant farmer, living on Strada San Marciano, appeared to report the birth of his daughter, Antonia, born on the 10th to his legitimate wife who was living with him, Anna Cipriano, age 29.

Erudita

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby dmurphy1940 » 10 Nov 2014, 20:32

Thanks, Erudita. I was not sure if that was a birth record or not.
Grazie,

Dolores

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 4843
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby erudita74 » 10 Nov 2014, 20:35

Dolores
You are too fast for me. I was going to edit and add some other details.
Witnesses were GioBattista Pasciucci, age 55, property owner and Giovanni Capobianco, age 65, same occupation. Both lived in Frigento on Strada San Rocco.
Carmine was illiterate and signed with a sign of the cross. The witnesses and town official, however, signed.
Antonia was baptized in the parish of Santa Maria on the 10th. The baptism info appears in the right hand column.

Erudita

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby dmurphy1940 » 10 Nov 2014, 20:36

That's nice. Thank you so much!
Grazie,

Dolores

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 4843
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby erudita74 » 10 Nov 2014, 20:37

No problem. Sorry I didn't get it all in my first reply.
Erudita

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby dmurphy1940 » 10 Nov 2014, 20:47

No problem! I was just so excited to see your first reply............:)
Grazie,

Dolores

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 07 Dec 2014, 17:37

erudita74 wrote:Dated Jan 10, 1827 at 6 P.M. I read diciannove - 7 pm She was born 10 January 1827 at the hour 10 Italia (10 am)
Carmine Ciampi, age 32, a tenant farmer, living on Strada San Marciano, appeared to report the birth of his daughter, Antonia, born on the 10th to his legitimate wife who was living with him, Anna Cipriano, age 29.

Erudita


erudita74 wrote:Dolores
You are too fast for me. I was going to edit and add some other details.
Witnesses were GioBattista Pasciucci, age 55, property owner and Giovanni Capobianco, age 65, same occupation. Both lived in Frigento on Strada San Rocco?.
Carmine was illiterate and signed with a sign of the cross. The witnesses and town official, however, signed.
Antonia was baptized in the parish of Santa Maria on the 10th. The baptism info appears in the right hand column.

Erudita


I am sure the surname in this town is spelt Pascucci. Giovanni Capobianco lived Strada San Rocco but to me it looks like Gio Battista lived on Strada Pioppo or something similar?Also, I am wondering whether the name Giovanni has been abbreviated to Giov and Gio here. I see the two dots after these names which might suggest this? The name is possibly Giovanni Battista?
Angela :)

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5421
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby liviomoreno » 08 Dec 2014, 08:40

Don Giovanni Battista Pascucci. The street name is unreadable.

User avatar
dmurphy1940
Master
Master
Posts: 2411
Joined: 05 Jan 2011, 15:55
Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby dmurphy1940 » 08 Dec 2014, 21:56

Thank you, Livio.
Grazie,

Dolores

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 08 Dec 2014, 22:31

liviomoreno wrote:Don Giovanni Battista Pascucci.

I thought this was the case and just wanted to be certain after reading Erudita's translation here – thank you for confirming.
Related thread: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/33060
Angela

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 08 Dec 2014, 23:00

Re Antonia's birth record at the top here. Can someone confirm that when you see a name in a record with two dots following it, for example: Gio: and Giov: which both appear in Antonia's record, that the “dots” indicate that the names are written abbreviated. In both cases in this record the name Giovanni has been abbreviated. Thank you. Angela

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5421
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby liviomoreno » 09 Dec 2014, 06:57

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Re Antonia's birth record at the top here. Can someone confirm that when you see a name in a record with two dots following it, for example: Gio: and Giov: which both appear in Antonia's record, that the “dots” indicate that the names are written abbreviated. In both cases in this record the name Giovanni has been abbreviated. Thank you. Angela

Yes, the colon : indicates that the name is abbreviated.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: ?Antonia Ciampi Birth Record

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 09 Dec 2014, 19:17

liviomoreno wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote:Re Antonia's birth record at the top here. Can someone confirm that when you see a name in a record with two dots following it, for example: Gio: and Giov: which both appear in Antonia's record, that the “dots” indicate that the names are written abbreviated. In both cases in this record the name Giovanni has been abbreviated. Thank you. Angela

Yes, the colon : indicates that the name is abbreviated.


Thank you Livio.
Angela


Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests